Purple! Because Ice cream has no bones!

Yeah, there's no stopping Scott. I told him it was hot once.... he sent me an air conditioner:D

Yeah, what an asshole. :cool:

:D
But a damn generous one!:thumbsup:

Well, damned if that guy ain't at it again!!!
Even with one arm in a sling, and the other holding a beer and cigar!
qd28FP8.jpg

It's an anniversary present for my wife! It's absolutely awsome, and she loves it!
Thanks a million, Scooter!:eek::):thumbsup:

Great stuff!
How do you work the stem in the middle once you get down to depth?
I use a bowl gouge to take the stem out, which is bass ackwards from how I was taught. With the tail stock supporting it's faster to rough it out. You're suppose to use a bowl gouge to rough out the whole bowl without support just the tenon on the bottom but they tend to break off if you're not careful, the purist give me a bunch of crap for doing it like that.

I use a bowl gouge to take the stem out, which is bass ackwards from how I was taught. With the tail stock supporting it's faster to rough it out. You're suppose to use a bowl gouge to rough out the whole bowl without support just the tenon on the bottom but they tend to break off if you're not careful, the purist give me a bunch of crap for doing it like that.
Cool to watch! I haven't used one since high school, then only for stool legs.....and maybe a pair of chucks, but I don't remember that part!

If you ever spend any time in Portland I seriously recommend stopping in to The Joinery and checking out their furniture. It's way out of my price range but it really opens your eyes to quality woodwork.
Not unlike Scott's.
https://www.thejoinery.com/

Back