Queen, S&M, and related brands pic thread

Neal, it's like my sock drawer. I have to put a black sock next to a blue one to tell which is which. ;)

Jeff, I'll chime in also on that indigo beauty, love that deep dark blue! Those keystone shields look really nice as well. Nice find:thumbsup:

Some more Queen goodness. There is just something about Queen's DB Barlows...
Also their Sheffield Green Bone.
IMG_20180216_113410650.jpg

IMG_20180216_113223580.jpg

Some more #55's
IMG_20180216_113454398_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180216_113511193_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180216_113609396_HDR.jpg

You can see by the smudging on main blade that their QC isn't quite up to it. But it's still a good solid little stockman.

I got this #1L Swing Guard recently:

Yd6Sh15.jpg

I have been looking at Queen's historical documents on their website and the handle materials for this model are shown as either Curly Zebra Hard Wood or Birds Eye Maple, but the box says Curly Maple. The handles are wonderful. Whatever it is, I hope GEC uses it in the future. The action is great, it opens and closes smoothly and snappily, and has no noticeable blade play. It does have gaps, and the scales are.... For lack of a better word.... Wedged

HnKvIDk.jpg

The guard is bent

P3VVFyF.jpg

And boy did this thing come minimum ground. I think the edge was 90* or more. It fought hard against having a good edge, but I finally got one on it.

Cool knife over all.

Rick and Dave I think I missed something. Where those Railsplitters commissioned by Clarence Risner?
Neal

Rick and Dave I think I missed something. Where those Railsplitters commissioned by Clarence Risner?
Neal
Yes, Neal that is what Clarence told me at that time! That they were his SFO....but you know he had so many SFO's made by Queen, I believe he gained some influence with Queen when he was President of the NKCA for so many years.

The one knife you are still needing to complete the set has Winterbottom covers Rick! I know that photo is pretty poor and it's hard to tell if it's Stag or Winterbottom :rolleyes:

Dave

Yes, Neal that is what Clarence told me at that time! That they were his SFO....but you know he had so many SFO's made by Queen, I believe he gained some influence with Queen when he was President of the NKCA for so many years.

The one knife you are still needing to complete the set has Winterbottom covers Rick! I know that photo is pretty poor and it's hard to tell if it's Stag or Winterbottom :rolleyes:

Dave

Dave, thanks for the clarification. Not a poor photo at all. Just a lack of observance on my part.

Back