Rambo 4 knife

Here is a photo of mine.Custom made by Bill Siegle.
DSCN6597.jpg

I still like the one killa_concept came up with, fullers and all.
Though this one, with perhaps a fuller and a wood handle wouldn't ba a bad second choice.

I prefer the curved, sweeping look to the blade myself.
Looks like it is being swung even when it is laying on the shelf...

I don't mind the fullers, but the straighter blade makes for a better cleaver-style chop than a sweeping blade which is better to slash or slice with.

I guess it depends on what uses you have in mind for it.

I don't mind the fullers, but the straighter blade makes for a better cleaver-style chop than a sweeping blade which is better to slash or slice with.

I guess it depends on what uses you have in mind for it.

yep i like a straighter blade to

Killa's sketch reminds me of a Southeast Asian klewang bugis... and a mini-dadao. Or a stick knife in reverse. :D

Kinda like a shortened indonesian sword, which the kami's send through now and then.

Kev

How about this one from Dave Wesner at Kelsey Creek Knife Works?

Attachments

• 100_0284_Large_e-mail_view.jpg
    100_0284_Large_e-mail_view.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 84
I will ask shop and kamis to make few HI Rambo for forumites.
Thank you for the great idea!

Goodness! I wonder which picture the kamis will base the design on - maybe their own interpretation based on what what we've all been asking?

Man - if it turns out looking like what I sketched up, I would be sooo proud :)

Goodness! I wonder which picture the kamis will base the design on - maybe their own interpretation based on what what we've all been asking?

Man - if it turns out looking like what I sketched up, I would be sooo proud :)

What if you pretty much maintained the look but increased the blade width near the "blood drip thingy"? Maintain the grind width to be same as for the whole length of the blade. I'm thinking it'll be around 1cm increase. That way the blade edge has less curvature and is better cutter.

I hope the kamis picks yours to do. Got a name yet?

I also hope they pick Killas version. I think it could be a big seller for HI.
Every now and then, I actually have a good idea.

Back