Random picture thread - on the lighter side of things.

Is that rental property long term or like a cottage on a lake/woods short term rental?

Not asking for a friend.
It's a long term rental, the current tenant has been there eleven years, I had a the roofing guy come out today and he says its a raccoon digging the holes. Oh well. looks like I'm going to be paying for it myself, and setting some box traps out.

Chris - Rupestris Rupestris , do you know anything about roofing?
Could be a place for you to hang out for a few weeks. :)

What I know about roofing is, the roof goes on top of the house. :D

I was just asking because I'm always on the lookout for a nice weekend rental on a lake that is within a couple hours drive. Especially one that is owned by someone that I know. I'd rather give them my business than a stranger.

I haven't rented one in a few years and I'm getting the itch to get away.

I was taking a ride around my neighborhood and I came a cross this Tom turkey strutting in front of a hen. In the background of the photo is a house cat eye balling that turkey, I think the cat was smart for leaving him be.lol
IMG_2245.jpeg IMG_2247.jpeg IMG_2248.jpeg

These TOMs in full buff are beautiful - amazingly so. Wasn't until 4 or 5 years ago when we regularly had a flock in the yard that was I able to appreciate that. Our cat was wise enough to leave them be too. These days the turkeys appear to be nearly gone. What use to be regular sightings of flocks of 18 birds or more - nearly every day in the yard and out on my woods walk, has dwindled to one sighting this spring of 3 birds. I think the foxes have done them in. Was actually uplifting to see the 3 last week after not seeing any for the past 2 summers.

Last edited:
Knife makers - note the iridescence - how to mimic that on a Hanson knife handle?[/QUOTE]
Ha,ha,ha.

Yeah, it's not that uncommon to see a dozen or so turkeys walking right down the street in front of my house. I had 4 bucks in my neighbors yard this last winter one was a dandy 8 pointer. I got some pics but not any good pics of them. I'll see if I can dig them up tomorrow, but heading off to work right now.

I was out on a bike ride the other day and I came across this guy. I took my cell phone out and started recording him and he walked right up to me and decided he was going show me who the boss was.lol

Last edited:
:eek::eek:
I was out on a bike ride the other day and I came across this guy. I took my cell phone out and started recording him and he walked right up to me and decided he was going show me who the boss was.lol

Did you get your glove back?:eek::D

:eek::eek:

Did you get your glove back?:eek::D
Yes I did, I slowly walked the turkey and waited for him to drop the glove, then I bum-rushed him and he jumped back about 6 feet. I ran in and snatched my glove up and ran back to my bike, with the turkey in hot pursuit, I made a hasty get away.

Yes I did, I slowly walked the turkey and waited for him to drop the glove, then I bum-rushed him and he jumped back about 6 feet. I ran in and snatched my glove up and ran back to my bike, with the turkey in hot pursuit, I made a hasty get away.
Imagining this is hilarious, it's even better with the Benny Hill song!

Imagining this is hilarious, it's even better with the Benny Hill song!
I had a lot of fun messing around with him, one good thing is the breading season is winding down so we probably won't see him around anymore, at least not until next year.

John, do you raise them for meat or eggs or both.

My dad raised chickens for a while mainly for eggs, but when he ended up with too many rooster, he'd have the family over for chicken dinners. The eggs were the best eggs I've ever had he feed the chickens a lot of corn and the yolks were actually a bight orange color.

Back