Random picture thread - on the lighter side of things.

My dad raised chickens for a while mainly for eggs, but when he ended up with too many rooster, he'd have the family over for chicken dinners. The eggs were the best eggs I've ever had he feed the chickens a lot of corn and the yolks were actually a bight orange color.
Ours will get really dark in the summer, it's great when the yolks stand up in the pan too.

Couple years ago the wife decided she wanted some pictures of pigs and chickens in the kitchen. Her niece has a pig and some chickens, so she went there and they took a bunch of pics, and she framed a few. No idea how they got them to cooperate for this one:

IMG_1580x.jpg

That must be a pot belly pig or an awful big chicken
Couple years ago the wife decided she wanted some pictures of pigs and chickens in the kitchen. Her niece has a pig and some chickens, so she went there and they took a bunch of pics, and she framed a few. No idea how they got them to cooperate for this one:

View attachment 1340892

Mostly brown but we have a couple that lay white. The little wind/fart eggs are the ones that crack me up.
Never seen a wind/fart egg, but IIRC my Aunt on there farm used to have some fake glass eggs she would put in the nests to help the hens lay. I guess.

Wind eggs are usually a hen's first eggs but they're about the size of your thumb, I'll get a picture the next time we get one.

I've heard of people using Easter eggs too, maybe it helps them remember where to lay? When we had a bunch of Guinea hens they used to lay their eggs in the craziest places.

I took my son fishing tonight and a family of swans came walking by jumped into the water and swam off, I thought it was pretty cool.

Karen and I were picking up batteries at the CSX yard in Savanna Illinois one day. It was absolutely silent when suddenly two swans flew up behind us. They made no sound until they started honking right next to us. We both jumped. Sneaky little buggers.

Good chain link fencing is hard to come by :rolleyes: :D

My dad, my two brothers and my self put that chain link fence up when we were kids, because my dad put in an in-ground swimming pool. The law was, and I think still is, you have to have a least a four foot fence surrounding an in ground swimming pool for safety. Well, us kids are all grown and the pool is long gone and after my dad passed away I ended up buying the house out of the estate, and turning my previous home into a rental property. I didn't like the chain link fence either, and asked my dad why he chose chain link over more of a privacy style fence, he said it was least obstructive to the view. Well, he's right about that, but in this world today I probably would go with a six foot stockade fence.lol

Well a stockade fence would take care of your deer infestation Scott :)

Great day on the water today with my son and a good friend fishing we got put three man limit coho salmon and one nice rainbow. Clear sunny skies, calm waves we had a lot of fun today. I'll be eating salmon for weeks.lol
IMG_2753.jpeg IMG_2751.jpeg IMG_2755.jpeg

Nice, great looking fish. I bet your son had a blast and will remember this for a lifetime.
I haven't been fishing in quite some time. I really need to. Hmmm, a nice, thin, long, upswept AEB-L blade with Lignum Vitae scales would really come in handy for filleting them...

Back