Random Thought Thread

Because Jo has proven herself yo be such a sweetheart of a nice(st) lady, some of us ought to band together to have arrangements made for her and the kids to take a well deserved vacation to an exotic island this Summer and if they should allow animals, I will personally pay the extra for both Sadie and Ziggy to accompany their mommy :)

Nathan, Mark and Bo can take an all boys vacation to Bob's exotic island. Please contact Bob for your vacay tickets and schedule. Bob will be in charge of food, beverages and entertainment :D

I love going out to Bob's island! The last time we were there he had this wonderful BBQ, some kind of special long pig? Even though I'm here in the BBQ capital of the world I've never been able to find this wonderful pork he served out on his little island out in the pacific! Great stuff!

I always assume that someone is talking about the small island (not in the Pacific) rather than the larger one. One must of course know the numbers to be entertained, since a small island visit can be somewhat limiting:

orig.jpg

Vandenberg AFB where lots of satellites are pushed into space, the west coast's only real launch facility. And the Minuteman 3 launches, etc.

Third largest AFB in the US, defensive land-based launch systems and medium range missile interception stationed here. Currently awaiting a Delta IV r Heavy launch of an NRO reconnaisance satellite. A huge part of the Space X launch and retrival programs. And only an hr's drive.

And so convenient for those of us around here, our very own Diablo Canyon nuclear reactor 12 mi away, lol.

Last edited:
Just had my first a few hours ago , holding my little boy and thought about UF pre order. It's my present to myself and I'll give it to him out here. Mammy gets a different present , don't think she would like a knife.

Holy Smokes! Congratulations!

You'll get some sleep in about six months.

Enjoy the gummy toothless grins. It's awesome and it doesn't last very long.

They hit a sweet spot around seven...

AWESOME!

Vandenberg AFB where lots of satellites are pushed into space, the west coast's only real launch facility. And the Minuteman 3 launches, etc.

Third largest AFB in the US, defensive land-based launch systems and medium range missile interception stationed here. Currently awaiting a Delta IV r Heavy launch of an NRO reconnaisance satellite. A huge part of the Space X launch and retrival programs. And only an hr's drive.

And so convenient for those of us around here, our very own Diablo Canyon nuclear reactor 12 mi away, lol.

Ah yes! Worked at Vandenberg one summer as an intern - back when the Wright Brothers were doing test flights.
Also worked at Diablo Canyon for a year on a college work study program.

I promise that I didn’t cause anything to crash or start glowing prematurely.. Mike

Back