Random Thought Thread

CDqhHQI.jpg

Did someone say 43?

I hope they put g o t on Netflix so Jo and I can watch it

So far this season can be summed up easily. A bunch of people bitching at each other and the picture so dark that you can't tell whats going on. I think that a bunch of my favorite characters were killed last night, but I'm not sure. Maybe in the next episode the lights will be turned back on so that I can count heads that are still attached. :D
Unknown-1.jpeg

That or Amazon. I refuse to pay to watch it any other way.

Then for your sake I hope that you actually enjoy reading very voluminous volumes of George R R Martin’s books, if and when he decides to finish the darn thang :D :p

Seriously though, HBO and Netflix are huge rivals so I don’t see anything from HBO seeping into Netflix. Amazon Prime offers HBO but it’s not included with their Prime; it’s an extra monthly service charge. You can always go for the one week free trial and binge watch the heck outta it ;)

Last edited:
Then for your sake I hope that you actually enjoy reading very voluminous volumes of George R R Martin’s books, if and when he decides to finish the darn thang :D :p

Seriously though, HBO and Netflix are huge rivals so I don’t see anything from HBO seeping into Netflix. Amazon Prime offers HBO but it’s not included with their Prime; it’s an extra monthly service charge. You can always go for the one week free trial and binge watch the heck outta it ;)

Nah, not going to read the books. :rolleyes:

HBO can go pound sand. :poop: $15/month to add to Amazon? o_O Fuggedddabbbouuddit. And I'm not about to try and watch it all in a week, lol. :p

HBO and the others like them will eventually cave and either make their prices more reasonable (~$5/month), or put their content back on Netflix. They all decided that cutting out the middleman (Netflix) would make them more money, but their content (and budgets) are generally now suffering as a result. Then look at all the money Netflix is dumping into content, and tell me these guys won't come back? They will, just wait. If not, they'll sink. I put Blockbuster out of business starting ~ 12-13 years ago (well, me and others like me) when they refused to change, and eventually withered and died as a result. If you don't listen to the customers/market and provide what they want, you won't succeed. The Blockbuster store manager that lived 3 doors down from me when I was in TX didn't believe me when I told him that he had just lost his job as I walked out of his store for the last time. Less than 2 years later, he sure did! :eek:

Nah, not going to read the books. :rolleyes:

HBO can go pound sand. :poop: $15/month to add to Amazon? o_O Fuggedddabbbouuddit. And I'm not about to try and watch it all in a week, lol. :p

HBO and the others like them will eventually cave and either make their prices more reasonable (~$5/month), or put their content back on Netflix. They all decided that cutting out the middleman (Netflix) would make them more money, but their content (and budgets) are generally now suffering as a result. Then look at all the money Netflix is dumping into content, and tell me these guys won't come back? They will, just wait. If not, they'll sink. I put Blockbuster out of business starting ~ 12-13 years ago (well, me and others like me) when they refused to change, and eventually withered and died as a result. If you don't listen to the customers/market and provide what they want, you won't succeed. The Blockbuster store manager that lived 3 doors down from me when I was in TX didn't believe me when I told him that he had just lost his job as I walked out of his store for the last time. Less than 2 years later, he sure did! :eek:

Jayzus! You’re in a jolly sunny mood. You don’t happen to know my real name and where I live, do you? :p

Jesting aside, I get what you say. I had read that one of these relatively newer streaming services had conducted a market sturdy recently and came to the realization that after people pay for their broadband internet plus a couple of the already well established services like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime, the piece of the left over pie was very slim indeed, something like barely $5!

Jayzus! You’re in a jolly sunny mood. You don’t happen to know my real name and where I live, do you? :p

Jesting aside, I get what you say. I had read that one of these relatively newer streaming services had conducted a market sturdy recently and came to the realization that after people pay for their broadband internet plus a couple of the already well established services like Netflix, Hulu or Amazon Prime, the piece of the left over pie was very slim indeed, something like barely $5!

Nothing against you (in case maybe I came across that way, apologies if I did). ;) But yeah, they (and their ilk) kinda annoy me. :p I might consider it for $5 or so. But not $15! :rolleyes: o_O

And I'm not in a poor mood right now either. I'm sitting here, about to go to bed, and fondling my new FK2... :eek: :D

Last edited:
Back