Random Thought Thread

Thread title is a bit misleading, consider updating 'open to everybody'

That's (one of) the problem(s) with people these days, they only read titles :(..

From the first post in this thread:

"By request I'm creating this thread here so folks can buy, sell and trade CPK knives and gear, including sheaths (yours or mine), scales (yours or mine), fancy screws etc, and also pimping and sharpening services. This thread falls outside of normal BF sales threads so normal feedback isn't available. I'm limited in my time and ability to moderate this thread so if folks start running into trouble here I'll close it.

Any membership level is adequate to buy, but only gold and above can sell or start a post. If you're conducting a trade with a registered user I suggest you wait to receive your item before shipping."

EtA: The title is correct, the thread itself is OPEN TO EVERYBODY, as everyone can participate... Now, you have to read the first post to see WHAT THE RULES ARE.

Moving this here, where it belongs...

Sure, then why even have 'open to everyone' in the thread title when its going to be restricted in the post.
Plenty of room for a little more clarity or just removing the confusion to begin with.
Isn't buying already open to everyone?

Again, this is the first paragraph in that Thread, Nathan's post:

'Can we please minimize chit chat in this particular thread. There are people subscribed to it who get a notification every time someone posts. When it isn't an item for sale it screws up the "signal to noise" ratio. Thanks.'

Please take the time to read, at least, the first post in that thread...

I see that you're looking to argue with someone... If you don't see how that thread is open to Everyone to participate, I can't really help you...

Have a nice day!

I see that you're looking to argue with someone... If you don't see how that thread is open to Everyone to participate, I can't really help you...

Have a nice day!

Sorry, didn't mean to 'argue' in that thread.
I saw the title and thought 'interesting the forum rules are different for this tread?...'
I guess its just extra clear that everyone can participate in that specific thread.

You have a nice day too! :)

sdSQQJY.jpg

Hmm, sitting in the backyard in the mild and sunny So. Cal late afternoon weather drinking some Grolsch. I haven’t always reached out for Grolsch but today it’s hitting the right spot :)
I heard that back in the day the cap on a Grolsch was made of ceramic and potheads used them as a roach clip of sorts.
I think I read that on the internet or something....

I heard that back in the day the cap on a Grolsch was made of ceramic and potheads used them as a roach clip of sorts.
I think I read that on the internet or something....

When we were in school my brother worked at a little French Café. They had some old Grolsch in the back of the cooler that was skunked and were throwing it out. He brought it back and was going to go through them and see if any were still drinkable. They weren't. I didn't know the plan, saw them in the fridge and opened one. It was pretty gnarly. But damn if I was going to open one of my brother's expensive beers and not drink it. Goddamn. I still can't drink Grolsch to this day.

Grolsch and Heineken always tasted skunked to me. Of course, I came up on Natural Light so I had a very refined palette.

Heineken does not appeal to my pallet. In the setting which I had described earlier on, the Grolsch was a nice-to-drink beer and it gave an immediate good buzz. It's not something that I'd go for if out at a bar or something. Had never heard of the ceramic bottle top being used as roach clips but them roachheads are pretty creative sorts!

When we were in school my brother worked at a little French Café. They had some old Grolsch in the back of the cooler that was skunked and were throwing it out. He brought it back and was going to go through them and see if any were still drinkable. They weren't. I didn't know the plan, saw them in the fridge and opened one. It was pretty gnarly. But damn if I was going to open one of my brother's expensive beers and not drink it. Goddamn. I still can't drink Grolsch to this day.

Speaking of little French Café! There was one right by the coast off of coastal route 1, down the road in the city of Del Mar. I used to really like that place and would end up there quite often as I used to live quite close specially on Sundays.

Anyway, one day the waitress was taking orders from the adjacent table and then some waiter dude brought their drinks over and when he set down one coffee, he went, "here's your café-au-lait" when he clicked his heels like a Flamenco dancer and posed something like this:

Ole-A-Classical-Folk-Music-Tour-of-Spain.jpg

You see, the waitress had written the order as Café Olé :D :D :D

No BS, and to this day I get a chuckle about it :)

Back