Random Thought Thread

I don't know why but for some reason this is the greatest thing I've ever seen

Have you and Jo started watching GoT?

Man when I see this, it makes me sad because there were so many very good to great British actors, all probably theater trained (like Charles Dance) whose performances made that show so great. Although there were still some of the old schoolers left over toward the end still performing at high levels (thank goodness for Peter Dinklage), I just felt that as the kids in the show grew up and assumed leadership in the series, performances dropped off a bit. Maybe I'm just an old brooding agist ;)

While the ending of GoT was underwhelming...I was very satisfied with the Deadwood movie that just came out:D

Watched that on Friday as soon as it went live :) I was a later comer to deadwood but just luv'd it :thumbsup:

Probably since it was more fresh on my mind (series just ended in 2006!) than probably the most who used to watch it back in 2004 and on, I realized that some of the cuss words were really diluted in the movie version which brought it to a close; most def because some of those really derogatory words which were kinda acceptable if used in a movie context (think Jango unchained) are definitely very much frowned upon very much nowadays in any context! Everyone definitely looked 15 years of age added on but I'm glad that they didn't try to fake it by pretending that it was just taking place in an imaginary time like a moth or two after the series had ended!

Watched that on Friday as soon as it went live :) I was a later comer to deadwood but just luv'd it :thumbsup:

Probably since it was more fresh on my mind (series just ended in 2006!) than probably the most who used to watch it back in 2004 and on, I realized that some of the cuss words were really diluted in the movie version which brought it to a close; most def because some of those really derogatory words which were kinda acceptable if used in a movie context (think Jango unchained) are definitely very much frowned upon very much nowadays in any context! Everyone definitely looked 15 years of age added on but I'm glad that they didn't try to fake it by pretending that it was just taking place in an imaginary time like a moth or two after the series had ended!
We were rather disappointed that we didn't get a single "co****cker" out of Wu...

The best mini-series on HBO right now is Chernobyl. The very gripping story about that nuclear catastrophe, the interweaving of the suffocating USSR bureaucracy and the terrifying consequences of what the Soviets tried to hide. WATCH IT if you've got HBO!

Obviously.
nicely done
Ctu7sT2.gif

Have you and Jo started watching GoT?

Man when I see this, it makes me sad because there were so many very good to great British actors, all probably theater trained (like Charles Dance) whose performances made that show so great. Although there were still some of the old schoolers left over toward the end still performing at high levels (thank goodness for Peter Dinklage), I just felt that as the kids in the show grew up and assumed leadership in the series, performances dropped off a bit. Maybe I'm just an old brooding agist ;)
We have only watched the first episode. Probably won’t get to watch much until after Blade Show. Thank you Mat!

I have thought about a DLC UF for a long time!!

I'll end up with 4 x UFs once the preorders are sorted out so I have no problem to send this one to Josh (the one in hand already) for the DLC'ing guinea-pig project plus an extra request, pending Nathan's opinion for which Josh had also asked me to pose to the CPK Maestro ;)

I'm pretty sure we've already talked about this once. Can't recall though. It depends on how hot it gets.

500* F.

P.S. My elephant memory does not recall such discussion, which is neither here nor there! I've been losing a lot of grey matter inside the dome as has been inversely compensating for that loss, on top of the dome!

Mat, I’m sure this goes without saying, but will you post some pictures of it after it gets back? Thank you sir! How did you end up with four when two would do?

If & when we decide that it's a go to do that, it will be an absolute MUST that I will post pics. Maybe Nathan will let me know in more detail when he's back from Blade 2019, distressed & more relaxed while putting up his feet on the ottoman, binge watching GoT with plenty of beer and chips ;)

I scored a D3V during one of the Fridays sales and decided to go for 3 preorders all to be luv'd in different ways (is CPK polygamy frowned upon?!). I also have since moved my older 3V/Elmax UFs to other luv'ing homes :)

Back