Random Thought Thread

Now that they repealed the NY gravity knife law I get to collect folders all over again! I'm now all for a CPK folder with a nice torquey heavy blade that freely swings out from a nonchalant wrist motion with a satisfying THWACK or maybe a CARRACA.

500f is no good. that will allow the matrix to relax enough around the ETA carbides to negate their effect and it will basically be regular 3V. it would still be a good low temp optimized 3V, but it would no longer be Delta 3V. The difference in edge stability and resistance to edge roll and denting is meaningful and noticeable in anything but light use. Don't heat your CPK knives to 500F.

Wifey and I watched about 8 hours of Deadwood. We missed the ones in the wee hours. We never watched it when it was originally on. Wifey learned some new words. :D

Not really. We watched Game of Thrones and a few other movies where the F-bomb was the major dialog.

I'm thinking of buying this t-shirt.

ra,classic_tee,x2000,101010-01c5ca27c6,front-c,200,112,1000,1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg

I just prefer DLC which is more durable but the process will run 20% hitter than What the Boss had stated as the top end.
Is it for corrosion protection or just for aesthetics? There is a lot of research that says DLC barely aids in CP and more about wear resistance

I agree though in DLCs durability > cerakote and it also looks so much better.

Last edited:
UF9OByi.jpg

Agreed! Someone on here DLC'd their edc and it looked great. If I had 4x UF's, I'd definitely try get one of those with DLC to. I think it would suit it very well

Here it is XtianAus XtianAus

Just finished this up... figured you guys would like to take a peak! Matte black DLC on an EDC w/ the OD green scales looks fabulous together imho

i-QFWwW94-X3.jpg

still own the bike shop, building trails is a side hustle. This one's for Scouts Canada who is holding a Jamboree here in July
I'll build and design trails for anyone, if they're willing to invest

Back