Random Thought Thread

Hey Fullflat Fullflat could you please share some thoughts on your new firetac? I've been looking at them for quite sometime now.
Hey Christian! Hope all is well in Aussieland. Get one!!! I REALLY dig it. No frills, no elaborate/complex design, just a solid, very well built folder. Very intuitive & simple to operate. Ergos are great for my hand. F&F is perfect, and it locks up rock solid with no play in any direction and zero lockstick. Action is very nice, although not as fast & glassy as a tri-way XM on bearings. Detent is dialed in perfectly. I prefer thumb flicking to finger flipping, so thumbdisc deployment is right up my alley. LOVE the fact that the lock bar disengages smoothly without allowing the blade to drop free (safe!), and once you’ve deliberately started to close the blade, it’ll then finish closing effortlessly, with a smooth hydraulic feel. This is my now my fav RHK for edc use, pushing the skinny slicer out of my pocket. I prefer the blade profile & length of the firetac (spearpoint) over the XM for regular work tasks, and it’s pretty slicey (for a Hinderer, I should say). The blade’s stock thickness is the same as my skinny slicer, and it’s as thin BTE, if not a hair thinner (haven’t mic’d it yet). It’s a true pleasure to use, but probably won’t win any beauty contests. Don’t know why I slept on them for so long. Highly recommend it as a top quality work/user folder. Hope that helps brother. Get one!!! :)
ETA: If you end up going for it, try trolling the exchange for one, as I’ve seen LNIB ones getting let go for $100+ below retail at times

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what does it cost?
there are a lot of variables that go into costing out a job. Let's just say that for this one, they're getting the job at less than half price. It's a great cause and a unique opportunity to be completely autonomous, which is of great value to my portfolio

Hey Christian! Hope all is well in Aussieland. Get one!!! I REALLY dig it. No frills, no elaborate/complex design, just a solid, very well built folder. Very intuitive & simple to operate. Ergos are great for my hand. F&F is perfect, and it locks up rock solid with no play in any direction and zero lockstick. Action is very nice, although not as fast & glassy as a tri-way XM on bearings. Detent is dialed in perfectly. I prefer thumb flicking to finger flipping, so thumbdisc deployment is right up my alley. LOVE the fact that the lock bar disengages smoothly without allowing the blade to drop free (safe!), and once you’ve deliberately started to close the blade, it’ll then finish closing effortlessly, with a smooth hydraulic feel. This is my now my fav RHK for edc use, pushing the skinny slicer out of my pocket. I prefer the blade profile & length of the firetac (spearpoint) over the XM for regular work tasks, and it’s pretty slicey (for a Hinderer, I should say). The blade’s stock thickness is the same as my skinny slicer, and it’s as thin BTE, if not a hair thinner (haven’t mic’d it yet). It’s a true pleasure to use, but probably won’t win any beauty contests. Don’t know why I slept on them for so long. Highly recommend it as a top quality work/user folder. Hope that helps brother. Get one!!! :)
ETA: If you end up going for it, try trolling the exchange for one, as I’ve seen LNIB ones getting let go for $100+ below retail at times
Thank you!
Things are well over here.
Life is extremely busy at the moment though. Work + study keeps me on my feet. Today is friday though, so almost the weekend and rest!
I hope everything is going good for you up there to and life is treating you well!

Thanks for sharing that, that certain helps and has made me definitively know I need one now.
I'll be on the hunt for one and if patience gets the better of me, i'll just have to get one at full retail xD

Thanks for the write up and sharing that!

I blab a lot but I don't create too many threads! However, I've been thinking about a "What are you watching" thread in congruence with the What are you listening to and the What are you reading threads. Seems to me that naturally people listen and watch more than they read (applies to yours truly too!) so maybe as a diverse group of people with a common luv for knives and the Carothers, maybe we can become our own film or series critics to pass the time :)

Good idea? Bad idea? Dumb idea?

I blab a lot but I don't create too many threads! However, I've been thinking about a "What are you watching" thread in congruence with the What are you listening to and the What are you reading threads. Seems to me that naturally people listen and watch more than they read (applies to yours truly too!) so maybe as a diverse group of people with a common luv for knives and the Carothers, maybe we can become our own film or series critics to pass the time :)

Good idea? Bad idea? Dumb idea?
Would, "... the grass grow" count?

Hey Mat, so you know who ended up with that beauty? Pm me if you don’t want to make it public.

Oh poor sweet Martin, I had thought that almost everyone and their grand mothers knew as to who had commissioned that special project by contacting Nathan almost 3 years ago(?). His name is TURD BLOSSOM :D

Last edited:
This year in central California, we're seeing the best King salmon fishing in the last two decades - and the boats are even going out at night, indicated by the tiny lights on the water, image just taken at 9 pm. Local high school and athletic stadia in the foreground ...........

018.JPG

Last edited:
Back