Random Thought Thread

You're a knoife-knut if you happen to see this on Costco's site at this price tag ($560 which is actually a good deal if that's your sorta thing!) and the first thought in your mind is wanting to find out how good the included carving knife is! No kidding, it happened to a friend yesterday while cruising online ;) :p

95880075-4DF3-4CA4-A19B-8CBF1F2A9821.jpeg

Its probably been said before but cpk products should come with a warning label. Once you hold one of our knives all others will be deemed in your mind as inferior. I mean the only thing left for us in the fixed blade world is “pretty” ones, which I never have had interest in anyway. At least Nathan and Jo have left the folders alone for us, so far! That said I am off to try and sell some knives to save up for a hdfk!

Its probably been said before but cpk products should come with a warning label. Once you hold one of our knives all others will be deemed in your mind as inferior. I mean the only thing left for us in the fixed blade world is “pretty” ones, which I never have had interest in anyway. At least Nathan and Jo have left the folders alone for us, so far! That said I am off to try and sell some knives to save up for a hdfk!
I'm very obviously biased, but your post really struck a chord.
The HDFK, in my experience, is one of the best knives of its' type of all time. Balance, ergonomics, size, edge holding, corrosion resistance- it really has it all

I'm very obviously biased, but your post really struck a chord.
The HDFK, in my experience, is one of the best knives of its' type of all time. Balance, ergonomics, size, edge holding, corrosion resistance- it really has it all

I have to agree with this! Mike

As far as water is concerned. For the last few months, I’ve been shooting for a gallon a day, but usually only make it to about 100 ounces. Unless I’ve been working out pretty hard, it seems I’m still peeing out, two seconds later, the amount I just drank.

I think adequate water consumption is important, but what seems to make the biggest noticeable difference for me, is loading up first thing in the morning. I down about 20 ounces close to when I get up. Was a bit tough at first, but I’m used to it now. Just seems to make all systems start up a bit more easily, especially before hitting the gym. My heavily used joints feel a bit more at ease with enough water on board. Mike

I have to agree with this! Mike

As far as water is concerned. For the last few months, I’ve been shooting for a gallon a day, but usually only make it to about 100 ounces. Unless I’ve been working out pretty hard, it seems I’m still peeing out, two seconds later, the amount I just drank.

I think adequate water consumption is important, but what seems to make the biggest noticeable difference for me, is loading up first thing in the morning. I down about 20 ounces close to when I get up. Was a bit tough at first, but I’m used to it now. Just seems to make all systems start up a bit more easily, especially before hitting the gym. My heavily used joints feel a bit more at ease with enough water on board. Mike
Gotta make sure you get enough electrolytes and some sodium so you retain some of the water! But yeah I always force myself to drink a lot of water before I start on my coffee.

Yep. I chug quite a bit of water in the first hour or 2 after waking up.

I tend to average between 1 - 1.5 gallons a day, and I drink water 99.9% of the time. I've got one of those 1 gallon jugs that I fill up from my ZeroWater glass dispenser (2-3 times the volume of the pitchers), and I've drained that over the course of the day despite drinking 40-50 fl oz. before even leaving the house with the full jug.

I would imagine you've heard of the saying, "Too much of a good thing..."?

Well, too much water over time caused me to be hospitalized for hyponatremia, in for two days on a saline drip to re-establish the proper balance after becoming dangerously oversaturated on water. That was only five months ago.

I would imagine you've heard of the saying, "Too much of a good thing..."?

Well, too much water over time caused me to be hospitalized for hyponatremia, in for two days on a saline drip to re-establish the proper balance after becoming dangerously oversaturated on water. That was only five months ago.
What were the circumstances? Hyponatremia is uncommon enough that it generally takes more than simply drinking too much water for it to occur.

Back