Random Thought Thread

Chip!

ELq3NTk.jpg

Have you ever seen a handsomer cr-v? :D

Was packing away sharpening stuff tonight and thought I'd share this. Took me several tries to find something that worked for me to hold all my maintenance stuff and keep it mobile, but I've been very happy with this Keter job box for my needs. Still lots of room left to add on. Especially if I remove some of the less(read never) used items from it. Found one on sale for 50ish bucks so it won't break the bank either!

^ thanks for your recommendation and I'll be looking into ordering one. My maintenance kit is also outgrowing my impromptu gathered up tackle boxes, alas my "skills" are still seriously lacking and more deserved of old and smelly tackle boxes you'd find thrown out in the trash!

I used to shove it in shoe boxes and totes. This made it so much easier. I wasn't willing to give up the tackle boxes just yet! If I still had the TS prof I don't think it would fit, but it held a lansky, kme, and the wicked edge just fine. Only complaint is if I have on the low angle WE adapter it won't close. That being said I'll probably upgrade the jaws at some point so not a huge deal unless I'm doing very small, thin, kitchen knives. I'm sure both of us have spent more on a night eating out ;)

Last edited:
I used to shove it in shoe boxes and totes. This made it so much easier. I wasn't willing to give up the tackle boxes just yet! If I still had the TS prof I don't think it would fit, but it held a lansky, kme, and the wicked edge just fine. Only complaint is if I have on the low angle WE adapter it won't close. That being said I'll probably upgrade the jaws at some point so not a huge deal unless I'm doing very small, thin, kitchen knives. I'm sure both of us have spent more on a night eating out ;)

when I grow up, I wanna be just like you :p :D J/K J/K

As the saying goes, buy the best which you can at the outset rather than in dribs and drabs but I didn’t so I keep adding to my Wicked Edge system instead of just buying the darn Pro system from the beginning. Word to the wise, the WE system is good, really good right up to the HDFK but if you’re thinking the CPK-Choppers just fuggetaboutit!

I have actually given up on eating out to satiate my CPK addiction and I think that with the bevy of beauties which Nathan is going to present in the upcoming year, I may have to give up on eating altogether, LOL!

^ truth! I've had some luck with custom made 18" rods and the choppers though! I'm sure if I owned more/used them more I'd probably feel differently.
It only hurts once to pony up and do it right(I echo that for cpk as well priced as they are!) Still think the WE pro is over priced but that's a different conversion. Great system that's dang hard to mess up with great results. Only wish I'd waited for the gen 3 jaws.

Back