Random Thought Thread

Are you looking for something specific, or just general deals?

For something specific, I still Google search. For general deals, I subscribe to emails from numerous places that periodically drop good deals (and deal with wading through a bazillion emails, while trying to resist the temptation on deals for stuff I didn't know existed :p).

Yeah, a specific item in this case. Even google is a little spotty with the way the rankings work. I've been pretty impressed with wikiarms for listing ammo deals I wouldn't have found otherwise. Just wondering if the same can be had for gear.

Yeah, a specific item in this case. Even google is a little spotty with the way the rankings work. I've been pretty impressed with wikiarms for listing ammo deals I wouldn't have found otherwise. Just wondering if the same can be had for gear.
For ammo, Ammoseek (there's another site as well, but I'm having a brainfart and can't remember the name) have been pretty good with listing prices from a bunch of different sites, but even they don't necessarily update quickly on the best deals (i.e. I've gotten emails for Specials, directly from sites. I'll still look up prices elsewhere to see if it's the best deal available, and the search sites haven't updated yet. After ordering, within 1 day, the deal is OOS).

Congrats on the shop upgrade Nathan and crew! :thumbsup:

Question for my gunpowder burning brethren: is there a search engine similar to wikiarms for things like optics? I see gun.deals, but it’s nowhere near as comprehensive.

I like to check out Gunbroker for many firearm related items ... SG Ammo and Target Sports are good for ammo ... Midway may not be where I buy everything but can usually get info on optics there as well as ammo ...

Pew Pew Tactical has some good articles and do comparisons on scopes and many other firearm related topics ... I check them out often. I just purchased a couple scopes/sights after reading on their site.

Last edited:
I like to check out Gunbroker for many firearm relayed items ... SG Ammo and Target Sports are good for ammo ... Midway may not be where I buy everything but can usually get info on optics there as well as ammo ...

Pew Pew Tactical has some good articles and do comparisons on scopes and many other firearm related topics ... I check them out often. I just purchased a couple scopes/sights after reading on their site.
SGAmmo has good prices in general, but depending on what you're looking for, TargetSports, Primary Arms, Palmetto State Armory, BoneFrogGunClub and Recoil Gunworks occasionally put stuff on sale for lower prices, shipped.

So I was watching this documentary about the minimalist lifestyle on Netflix last night which almost cost me a panic attack!

There’s this concept which that community refers to as 333 which translates to living with 33 personal items in total for an entire 3 months. This should include everything personal from clothes, shoes, personal items and SHOCKS, our CPKs! For me, this would mean walking around almost nekkid for 3 months clad only in my boxers and socks :D

So I was watching this documentary about the minimalist lifestyle on Netflix last night which almost cost me a panic attack!

There’s this concept which that community refers to as 333 which translates to living with 33 personal items in total for an entire 3 months. This should include everything personal from clothes, shoes, personal items and SHOCKS, our CPKs! For me, this would mean walking around almost nekkid for 3 months clad only in my boxers and socks :D

I don't think (I know I wouldn't) I would fare that well. Utter fail!:p:D Mike

It's cold up here. I'd need a pretty darned thick onesie :p

There’s this concept which that community refers to as 333 which translates to living with 33 personal items in total for an entire 3 months. This should include everything personal from clothes, shoes, personal items and SHOCKS, our CPKs! For me, this would mean walking around almost nekkid for 3 months clad only in my boxers and socks :D[/QUOTE]

Now there’s a sight that I don’t think I’d like to see? :eek:;)

Last edited:
Congrats on the shop upgrade Nathan and crew! :thumbsup:

Question for my gunpowder burning brethren: is there a search engine similar to wikiarms for things like optics? I see gun.deals, but it’s nowhere near as comprehensive.

some sites that I've used over the years but no one does a comprehensive listing for optics

Back