Random Thought Thread

Poor little truck.

That little minimill weighs a little over three tons. That made that old F450 squat a little. That's the smallest CNC we have. I'm gonna need to rent something bigger to move the other mills. It's working okay for the other stuff though. It moved the big Chevalier grinder yesterday and the Gorton (manual) mill this morning.

That little minimill weighs a little over three tons. That made that old F450 squat a little. That's the smallest CNC we have. I'm gonna need to rent something bigger to move the other mills. It's working okay for the other stuff though. It moved the big Chevalier grinder yesterday and the Gorton (manual) mill this morning.
Well heck, if you're gonna do the Carolina Squat, that's how to Git 'r dun!

Ford for the win!

We moved the big automatic grinder that we will use to deck the K18 blanks over into the new shop last night. What a bear.

Automatic grinder? We didn't have any of that stuff when I was an apprentice tool and die maker in the early '60s. We had Tree and Bridgeport vertical mills. They didn't even have motors except for the spindle.

Shortly before I quit, we got a tracer lathe. The digital display that had nixie tubes. The only person who could get the thing to run was the instructor.

The closest I ever came to CNC was the vertical mill in the gun shop that I worked at after retiring from Xerox. The controller was a 286 computer that ran basic.

This thought may actually belong over in the "what would you like to see next" thread, but it seems like it's been far too long since we've seen any sort of CPK video.

I'm thinking of the hour long abuse until it failed testing on the FK (hour long video, a lifetime of silly abuse)

Or video of some bricks, cinder blocks and nails being destroyed into submission.

Was the last feature film of the HDFK testing?

Been too long, in my opinion.

This thought may actually belong over in the "what would you like to see next" thread, but it seems like it's been far too long since we've seen any sort of CPK video.

I'm thinking of the hour long abuse until it failed testing on the FK (hour long video, a lifetime of silly abuse)

Or video of some bricks, cinder blocks and nails being destroyed into submission.

Was the last feature film of the HDFK testing?

Been too long, in my opinion.

We were just talking about that yesterday. It's difficult to justify the time to do a video when there's a backlog but it's been years. It's time to do another one.

Congrats on the shop upgrade Nathan and crew! :thumbsup:

Question for my gunpowder burning brethren: is there a search engine similar to wikiarms for things like optics? I see gun.deals, but it’s nowhere near as comprehensive.
Are you looking for something specific, or just general deals?

For something specific, I still Google search. For general deals, I subscribe to emails from numerous places that periodically drop good deals (and deal with wading through a bazillion emails, while trying to resist the temptation on deals for stuff I didn't know existed :p).

Back