Random Thought Thread

0dcfb7d6bc7dcdc70adf052af94511a3.jpg

Matt I'm so disgusted by the whole thing that I don't ever want to do business with anyone outside of the CPK sub forum again.
Who does that BS?
Before doing the return I would post up the situation in a GBU thread. Make the buyer admit to attempting to disassemble the knife. Once that is clear, the members on BF will tell him that he owned the knife as soon as he attempted to modify - and to pound sand.

I
The name of the crucible metallurgist who developed CPM S30V was named Dick Barber. I am not making this up
I know a girl named Eden who married a guy with the last name Cox. She refused to adopt his last name. He was cool with it. They had trouble explaining it to his parents. They tried explaining it to her future in laws without stating explicitly what the problem was - just saying it wouldn’t sound right. His father didn’t understand and was slightly offended she wouldn’t take the family name.
This is not a joke - they live just down the street from me. When she told me this story I was intoxicated and could not stop laughing hysterically - with tears and everything.

I used to work for a guy named Randy Cox. Which is slang for a sexually aroused penis. At that same company I also worked with a guy named Michael Rapp. Say "Mike Rapp" over an intercom sometime...

PayPal will charge you that 2.9% + .30 transaction fee irrespective of your full refund to your buyer* (if buyer in the U.S, more if international). PP has abandoned crediting back their transaction fees and have put the onus on the seller. I posted something to this effect in the G/B/U section a while ago but I got the cold shoulder reception from some posters because they were of the opinion that returns do not happen that often on BF.com. Although my beef was more with eBay related sales, unfortunately anyone who accepts PP and then their transaction goes south, will suffer from this shady PP policy.

PayPal's BS continues. Amex doesn't keep their fees if I refund a client.

Matt I'm so disgusted by the whole thing that I don't ever want to do business with anyone outside of the CPK sub forum again.
Who does that BS?
Makes me appreciate how fortunate I've been in not having to deal with this kind of crap on the exchange. For what it's worth, I've dealt with a lot of honest good people on here. Also I think it takes a special kind of idiot to mess with someone who has your name and address, when all you really know about them is they like knives...

I posted up a "used, carried and sharpened" Spyderco Domino for sale here a few weeks ago and sold it for my asking price. The knife had been used quite a bit for cutting cardboard and was functionally perfect if not cosmetically. I got a demand from the buyer a few days ago for a full refund because "the blade was hitting the frame and 2 of the clip screws were broken". Needless to say this is not how I sent the knife to him. He had told me that he was planning on changing the scale out when he got it and I believe that he jacked it up while trying to work on it. I hate people that are so dishonest.
I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you have photos showing the screws installed and blade orientation, I would dispute the claim, especially since you described it as "used". I hope this resolves in your favor.

I feel for you dude. I'm at a point in my life where deception and dishonesty is my least favorite thing.

I hope things work out for you.

I posted up a "used, carried and sharpened" Spyderco Domino for sale here a few weeks ago and sold it for my asking price. The knife had been used quite a bit for cutting cardboard and was functionally perfect if not cosmetically. I got a demand from the buyer a few days ago for a full refund because "the blade was hitting the frame and 2 of the clip screws were broken". Needless to say this is not how I sent the knife to him. He had told me that he was planning on changing the scale out when he got it and I believe that he jacked it up while trying to work on it. I hate people that are so dishonest.

Before doing the return I would post up the situation in a GBU thread. Make the buyer admit to attempting to disassemble the knife. Once that is clear, the members on BF will tell him that he owned the knife as soon as he attempted to modify - and to pound sand.
This. Always this. Make it public. Only dishonest people have things to hide and reasons to not discuss issues in the open.

Also. My wife has an aunt named Sandy. She divorced her husband and remarried to the last name Beaches.
So. Theres that.

Reality is NOT as we are told......

PayPal's BS continues. Amex doesn't keep their fees if I refund a client.

PayPal knew that when this awful policy went into effect, they'd be losing some business due to attrition but the egg-head MBA types must've done the number crunching to convince upper management that the revenue gain was going to be greater than the loss of attrition. They excuse is, "this way we still manage to keep our transaction both low and steady at 2.9% + .30". Now there are always costs associated with doing business but there are also frivolous order cancellation right after orders are placed due to buyer's remorse and / or better pricing elsewhere. Even an immediate cancellation + immediate refund will cost the hapless sellers 2.9% + .30.

I've tried to convince Eric to start a class action suit but his head is much more into his own wheelings & dealings.

Back