Random Thought Thread

Yes. You are a special customer. You are all special customers. You are a unique and special snowflake. However, the military (who this knife was designed with and for in the first place) is literally a special customer.
Pleased you had some luck with a big contract

and respectfully, never refer to me as a snowflake again please

I have a friend who sends out a version of this annually. I’ve toned it down a bit, but it always makes me feel special.

“Not every flower can say love, but a rose can. Not every plant can survive a drought, but a cactus can. Not every dumbass can read, but look at you go little buddy! Today you should take a moment and send an encouraging message to a messed up friend, just as I have done.
I don’t care if you lick windows or screw farm animals. You hang in there cupcake because you’re f-ing special to me, and you’re my friend.
Look at you smiling at your phone you crayon eating MFer.”

Pleased you had some luck with a big contract

and respectfully, never refer to me as a snowflake again please

Lol, sorry my bad.

it's not a "big contract" but it's shaping up to be a couple hundred knives which is pretty big for us. We don't normally resume a retired pattern but this knife was the best fit for them. We no longer have the tooling to make the original and rather than recreate it I decided to refresh the pattern a little. The Shiv was on the table too. Folks would have lost their minds if we'd have dusted that one off but the UF was selected amongst all of our patterns as the best choice.

Lol, sorry my bad.

it's not a "big contract" but it's shaping up to be a couple hundred knives which is pretty big for us. We don't normally resume a retired pattern but this knife was the best fit for them. We no longer have the tooling to make the original and rather than recreate it I decided to refresh the pattern a little. The Shiv was on the table too. Folks would have lost their minds if we'd have dusted that one off but the UF was selected amongst all of our patterns as the best choice.
Congrats on your military contract big or small doesn't matted what does matter is your blades were selected for this contract and you are correct if the shiv had been selected people would lose their minds and possibly a Wife or GF or a house due to taking out another mortgage to get their hands on multiple shiv's lol ...the shiv is a great stabbing weapon but so is the utility fighter plus as it's name suggests its a utility fighter to me that means a dedicated fighter was tweaked to be a more utilitarian design which it has indeed succeed ! And will all that said imo i think its a great honor that the U.S. Military choose you and your Utility fighter as the blade that will be given to our soldiers in their kit !

Frc505 aka Frank

“Not every flower can say love, but a rose can. Not every plant can survive a drought, but a cactus can. Not every dumbass can read, but look at you go little buddy! Today you should take a moment and send an encouraging message to a messed up friend, just as I have done.
I don’t care if you lick windows or screw farm animals. You hang in there cupcake because you’re f-ing special to me, and you’re my friend.
Thanks, I needed that today.

Any advice on the inner workings of this "upgraded" forum code? I used to be able to grab the full code for a quote from various discussions to carry it over to edits/sections of the encyclopedia. I don't know how to do that anymore. Any hints?
Toss some rock salt (non-iodized only!) over your right shoulder with your right hand, spin in your computer chair counter-clockwise three times, state "I am the code" seven times as fast as you can, and try again?

I have a friend who sends out a version of this annually. I’ve toned it down a bit, but it always makes me feel special.

LMAO. That was great. A good friend you have there.

LDZ1BDDl.png

This is roughly equivalent to finding a 1960's GI Joe action figure still sealed, new in the box!!

This is as as it left the shop a few years and has never been opened. That's right. Years ago.

I am so torn... Leave it unopened just like the day it left Jo's dutiful care, packaged and sealed, in the plastic bag with the perfectly tied knot sealing it up (you know it's in that bag any you will have to carefully work the knot out), or... tear it open with reckless abandon?!

What could it be?

What to do? What to do!

LDZ1BDDl.png

This is roughly equivalent to finding a 1960's GI Joe action figure still sealed, new in the box!!

This is as as it left the shop a few years and has never been opened. That's right. Years ago.

I am so torn... Leave it unopened just like the day it left Jo's dutiful care, packaged and sealed, in the plastic bag with the perfectly tied knot sealing it up (you know it's in that bag any you will have to carefully work the knot out), or... tear it open with reckless abandon?!

What could it be?

What to do? What to do!
I'm guessing a UF.

Back