Random Thought Thread

I'm relatively new to CPK, but I'm slowly building up my collection. I have a UF, DEK1, and a UF2 on order. And another little jewel coming, but she isn't in my hands yet.

Grats on this "little new jewel" coming your way while building up your own collection. OTOH, Ronnie's post was not even a thinly veiled double entendre ;)

I love the feel of my DEK1 in my hands. I play with mine everyday. So far I haven't dropped mine yet with either hand. Being a drummer that loved playing Metal music, I'm pretty good with both hands. I'll probably drop mine now...:oops:
Just be wary of the instinctive reflex to grab at something that slips from your hands. High chance of a worse outcome.

I did that once when I was ~14. Had some kind of party and my parents brought out the gigantic crystal punch bowl. After the party, my parents designated me to wash the darned thing because it was too big for the sink, and too heavy for my mom to handle.

I took this thing out to wash it on the patio. Well whaddya know... a giant heavy crystal punch bowl gets slippery when it's soapy 🙄.

I had picked it up and stood up to rinse the soap from the base, when it slipped. I still remember watching it happen in slow-mo (tachypsychia), as I immediately dropped to a crouch to try to grab it. In super slow-mo, I watched my hands get to it and thought, "I GOT this!".

Grabbed it right as the base hit the concrete and the whole thing exploded in my hands. Dozens of cuts, lol. I just stood there stunned, blood dripping from my hands, with 2 thoughts running through my head, "Man... I REALLY thought I had it", and "Oh boy... I don't know how much that thing cost, but I'm gonna catch hell for smashing it".

My mom came out and saw me standing barefoot in a sea of crystal shards, dripping blood from both hands. I looked up and said, "Sorry about the punch bowl. It slipped and I tried to grab it before it hit the ground, but I was too slow and caught it just as it hit the ground".

My mom said, "I don't care about the punch bowl. Don't move. There's glass everywhere. I'm going to get a broom to come to you, so you don't step on any of it. Raise your hands to slow the bleeding". Amazingly, no stitches. Just dozens of little nicks on both hands and a few on my feet/ankles.

Just be wary of the instinctive reflex to grab at something that slips from your hands. High chance of a worse outcome.

I did that once when I was ~14. Had some kind of party and my parents brought out the gigantic crystal punch bowl. After the party, my parents designated me to wash the darned thing because it was too big for the sink, and too heavy for my mom to handle.

I took this thing out to wash it on the patio. Well whaddya know... a giant heavy crystal punch bowl gets slippery when it's soapy 🙄.

I had picked it up and stood up to rinse the soap from the base, when it slipped. I still remember watching it happen in slow-mo (tachypsychia), as I immediately dropped to a crouch to try to grab it. In super slow-mo, I watched my hands get to it and thought, "I GOT this!".

Grabbed it right as the base hit the concrete and the whole thing exploded in my hands. Dozens of cuts, lol. I just stood there stunned, blood dripping from my hands, with 2 thoughts running through my head, "Man... I REALLY thought I had it", and "Oh boy... I don't know how much that thing cost, but I'm gonna catch hell for smashing it".

My mom came out and saw me standing barefoot in a sea of crystal shards, dripping blood from both hands. I looked up and said, "Sorry about the punch bowl. It slipped and I tried to grab it before it hit the ground, but I was too slow and caught it just as it hit the ground".

My mom said, "I don't care about the punch bowl. Don't move. There's glass everywhere. I'm going to get a broom to come to you, so you don't step on any of it. Raise your hands to slow the bleeding". Amazingly, no stitches. Just dozens of little nicks on both hands and a few on my feet/ankles.

Yep, I've been aware of the reflex for a long time. I try to make sure that the knife won't fall very far if I do drop it.

Should probably put price tags on mine.

🤣
That's probably a good idea, I've warned my wife that she needs to go to BF for guidance on the value of my collection in the event of my untimely demise. But price tags would alleviate that issue.
I also told her Grenock Grenock would low ball her😂
Eta: just kidding btw, i dont know you to lowball and I appreciate your methods

Last edited:
Random thought: if MC Hammer was ever going to try to have a comeback he should have done it by now
If you were to rerelease the Medium Chopper and then create a Hammer ( possibly a Warhammer ) you could sell them as a pair and pay him to advertise it. He could dust off the old favorites, Hammer Time, 2 legit 2 quit, and Can’t Touch This. It’d totally jump start his comeback.
I’m sure he’d make room for you in a future video to dance around in some of those old school hammer pants :)

Man, so busy these days.
Yesterday I had 3,5 hour long online meeting after work, plus end of a schoolyear is always super busy. And I am trying to work-out as usual, so the free time is a rare commodity 😂
On the other hand, I had a mail from customs, so the D3V Kephart is here, just need some extra BS done, pay the taxes and hopefully it will be here next week.

Thank you so much for your birthday wishes. It's such a pleasure to be able to make work for you fine people. And Uncle Matty too. Everybody here at CPK appreciates your interest in our work. We are growing here and getting into some pretty cool projects. You guys make this possible.

Nathan thank you for distinguishing me from the usual mob in here. Your kindness didn't go unnoticed :p

He stole it at auction if I remember right, but still more than I've spent on every car combined😂

Just because of that which is heresy in my book, I ought to ban you from the car buying & leasing thread 😂

Just because of that which is heresy in my book, I ought to ban you from the car buying & leasing thread 😂

I can’t participate in that thread since I’ve only owned 3 vehicles. My first car I put roughly 60k miles on, then I got a truck and put almost 100k on it before trading it in on my current truck which I’ve put 148k on so far.

Vehicles are too expensive and those high payments that I’ve saved have been spent on knives instead 😊

I can’t participate in that thread since I’ve only owned 3 vehicles. My first car I put roughly 60k miles on, then I got a truck and put almost 100k on it before trading it in on my current truck which I’ve put 148k on so far.

Vehicles are too expensive and those high payments that I’ve saved have been spent on knives instead 😊
Going by trending analysis, isn't it about time to get something to put ~190,000 miles on? 😂

Back