Random Thought Thread

Kidney stones much? 😅 My Father in law NEVER drank water. It was crazy. He had quite a few kidney stones, which I hear are the closest a dude can come to experiencing child birth pain.

I had one 2 years ago. I drink more since then .... pain is like somebody kicks you in the - you know where.

Well, I was being facetious.

I have a good friend who has been prone to them for years. We were in the middle of Colorado on a motorcycling trip when he got an attack, and with no catheter, he was in bad shape.

Nearest town was Paonia, got him down there and found a doctor's office...had to summon the doctor back from lunch.

As fortune would have it, both the doc and my buddy were from the same small town in Indiana.

Yeah, I drink water. But I allow myself a daily beer as well, most days.

PeteyTwoPointOne PeteyTwoPointOne I know I’m foiling your daily K18 bump, but I thought this was interesting. ;) Orange peels?!

FoJ9SBU.jpg
Disposable diapers and fishing line... potential new CPK hybrid thermoformed handle material? Possible replacement for used popsicle sticks 🤣

Hahah, no worries...It's all good fun <imho> plus this is a great attention grabber!

WTF with the orange peels INDEED...but most surprising to me is the wet-wipes...100 years?!?!

Kidney Stones are no joke...almost killed me, albeit kinda indirectly, but still.

I had a 10mm stone hung in my ureter <the tube from kidney to bladder, usually the diameter of a wet spagetti noodle>...my left kidney was so full of urine it looked like cauliflower on the MRI. Doc suggested blasting it with sound waves <lithotripsy>. All that did was mess with my pancreas and cause a case of acute pancreatitis. Put me in the hospital for a week--without food for 3 days & nights-- during which time I caught pneumonia.

Eventually I stabilized to where he blasted the stone with a laser and retrieved it endoscopically in pieces out the end of my, well, you know. :oops:

But the best part was having a 2 foot long stent inserted from my kidney to my bladder attached to a length of what appeared to be dental floss hanging out the end of my Johnson for "stent retrieval" a month later. And yes, they remove the stent by having Nurse Ratchet pull it out the entire path from kidney thru bladder out distal end of Mr. Johnson....while you're awake...BIG FUN!
Jesus Christ, I'm off to get a glass of water!

Hahah, no worries...It's all good fun <imho> plus this is a great attention grabber!

WTF with the orange peels INDEED...but most surprising to me is the wet-wipes...100 years?!?!

Kidney Stones are no joke...almost killed me, albeit kinda indirectly, but still.

I had a 10mm stone hung in my ureter <the tube from kidney to bladder, usually the diameter of a wet spagetti noodle>...my left kidney was so full of urine it looked like cauliflower on the MRI. Doc suggested blasting it with sound waves <lithotripsy>. All that did was mess with my pancreas and cause a case of acute pancreatitis. Put me in the hospital for a week--without food for 3 days & nights-- during which time I caught pneumonia.

Eventually I stabilized to where he blasted the stone with a laser and retrieved it endoscopically in pieces out the end of my, well, you know. :oops:

But the best part was having a 2 foot long stent inserted from my kidney to my bladder attached to a length of what appeared to be dental floss hanging out the end of my Johnson for "stent retrieval" a month later. And yes, they remove the stent by having Nurse Ratchet pull it out the entire path from kidney thru bladder out distal end of Mr. Johnson....while you're awake...BIG FUN!
Damn, Ron, just damn.

I had never heard of this type of fish till today and I'm friggin getting to be old! Sheephead fish, apparently quite a common marine species on the east coast from Cape Cod to the Gulf including the Carolinas. Look at those chompers, eek! Believe it or not, this fella has a decent looking set; some of them though can look downright whack!

1628209343204.png

Last edited:
I had never heard of this type of fish till today and I'm friggin getting to be old! Sheephead fish, apparently quite a common marine species on the east coast from Cape Cod to the Gulf including the Carolinas. Look at those chompers, eek! Believe it or not, this fella has a decent looking set; some of them though can look downright whack!

View attachment 1614486
Why do I feel like someone is about to Photoshop CPK Mark CPK Mark 's face onto that...

Ouch!

Reminds me of something in college. Buddy of mine was admitted for emergency surgery: suspected appendicitis.

So they cut him open, and when he wakes up, they say, "Good news and bad news". "Good news is, it wasn't appendicitis. Your appendix was fine, but since we were already in there, we just went ahead and removed it, so you don't ever have to worry about getting appendicitis". "Bad news is, we don't know what's causing your acute stomach pain" 😝

They put him in a double room for recovery and observation (they never did figure out what was causing his stomach/abdominal pain. Apparently, by the time he'd recovered from the post op pain, the other pain was gone).

Went to visit him again a couple days later and he says, "You know the old guy who was asleep the last time you were here? Well, he woke up".

Apparently, the old guy woke up disoriented and crabby as all heck, goes, "What the hell is going on?!!! Where am I?!!!" Starts yanking off the leads and IV and sees a tube, goes "What the heck is THIS?!!!" grabs it and yanks hard. It's his catheter that they inserted post op. The kind where they inflate the tip after insertion so it doesn't work its way back out. Buddy said the whole floor probably heard the, "EEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!" 😬

🤣🤣🤣

Back