Random Thought Thread

You probably missed this video, from a while ago
Watch it till the end. You'll notice that Nathan considered (still does?) INFI the gold standard for rough use.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ask-nathan-a-question-thread.1425245/page-46#post-17364537 - read this post, the part about the HDFK and INFI ;).

Also, there are these: https://www.bladeforums.com/search/308282/?q=Jerry&c[users]=Nathan+the+Machinist&o=relevance

Personal opinion - I have both, I like both. A lot. If you haven't tried INFI, you should.
Cheers,
C.

EtA Read that GKD thread... still does :)

Great job Cata for delving into the archives and also for the video which has given me a pretty good idea as to how and why Nathan had so many S! looking test knives back when.

Great job Cata for delving into the archives and also for the video which has given me a pretty good idea as to how and why Nathan had so many S! looking test knives back when.
Thanks Mat :)! Yeah, I wanted to reply to you in the other thread and mention the stack of S! blanks Nathan had, for the D3V development, but saw that he replied and clarified...
Funny thing, after seeing this video, I bought my very first busse. 😅
Cheers!

I think the GKD thread has been positive overall. I like both makers and their products (hopefully I showed that off well enough), and honestly I think they're complimentary. Pick the set of features you prefer and find that knife. Hard to go wrong! 🍻

Nevermind all this one vs the other stuff. I'm more interested in a collaboration. May I propose this little Busse-kin design, but in CPK D3V........

ccpsn1F.jpg

Last edited:
Nevermind all this one vs the other stuff. I'm more interested in a collaboration. May I propose this little Busse-kin design, but in CPK D3V........

ccpsn1F.jpg

How about the other way around ? A CPK-made 5-5.5" camp knife in INFI, with no significant choil and handle/blade ergonomics and weight distribution designed by Lorien Lorien ? :)

I'd even take it in AEBL :)

i-LBrz2tc-X4.jpg

Last edited:
My hands and their resultant stitches can tell quite a tale...from axes and knives to gravel, and a drug addled knife assailant.

Stuff happens and doesn't seem likely to stop anytime soon.
I was just adding them up, to the best of my recall. About 45 total in right hand. Only about 15 or so in the left. Might be a few I don't remember, ☺️

(Of course, some can beat that in just one event...so I'm not bragging, LOL.)

ccpsn1F.jpg
I know it'll never happen but damn if I wouldn't go in hard if it did.

Oh man. That would certainly be something. 😍 🥰 🤩 These would be some other sweet options...
(For those not in the know, the top one is the standard Rodent Solution, the other two are custom variants of that design; I custom-ordered the trailing point, the spear point is a full zero convex grind. :cool:)

IMG_5976.jpg

Am I the only one whose first thought when the national news leads in with a story on the “Delta Variant“ that an important CPK announcement is coming up? A minute later I realize they are only talking about the COVID variant rather than the much more interesting CPK 3V variant that has no known vaccination to prevent addiction. Life is cruel sometimes…

Phil

Last edited:
Am I the only one whose first thought when the national news leads in with a story on the “Delta Variant“ is that an important CPK announcement is coming up? A minute later I realize they are only talking about the COVID variant rather than the much more interesting CPK 3V variant that has no known vaccination to prevent addiction. Life is cruel sometimes…

Phil
Nope. I read an entire article looking for the CPK news. Very disappointing.

Back