Random Thought Thread

This forum knife debacle is a total shit-show..
popcorns-crackhead-eating.gif

There sure are a lot of dumbasses who post at BladeForums. Mind-boggling. Cannot follow the simplest instructions. And not just in Traditionals. Just look at the folks posting in The Next Sale thread here last Friday that they could not find the sale thread. 🙄

I work with clients all the time who are a LOT smarter than me. Most have Ph.Ds and have authored tons of papers. Whenever I come to BladeForums it makes me feel better about my own inadequacies . . . and gives me some empathy for how these smart folks must feel having to deal with my dumb ass.

Anyway, now it's time to REALLY get your popcorn ready because . . . they sold out. If you only post here on the weekends, you are SOL. If you have been sick, or travelling, or tied up with work the past 24 hours and could not visit here (I have gone weeks without being here at BF due to . . . life), you are SOL. If you are a flipper who never GAF about the Traditionals forum, but showed up yesterday and squeezed out 50 quick useless posts . . . apparently you're a winner, winner, chicken dinner.

This is gonna get fun.

People would rather wait for days to have someone tell them what to do, than take a minute or two to read and follow simple instructions.

Even when the answer is two posts earlier in a thread they post within, they still can't seem to fathom the information contained there.

(The miscreants I arrested for violating the laws of the land, whether U.S. citizens or not, had a better handle on what the rules were, and confessed.)

Everyone signs up on the site by agreeing to follow the rules, yet they refuse to read them (and pretend they don't exist).

Rules and procedures are for other folks.

Not to brown-nose anybody, but ....

.... I like to think of CPK knives as the Mercedes-Benz of fixed blades. Everything fits, understated, very ergonomic and modest looking but superbly functional designs, cryptic product names, and powerful under the hood. :)

Oh, and I miss camping and the outdoors. Hopefully later in Q4 this year ....

L1001617-X2.jpg
Shit, I must’ve bought the wrong Mercedes!
It has plenty of power and some stuff fits, but this thing is ugly as sin and is about as comfortable as riding in a horse drawn buggy.
I do love how Mercedes’ turbo diesels go from 0-get the hell out of my way after turbo lag. View attachment 1645590

Shit, I must’ve bought the wrong Mercedes!
It has plenty of power and some stuff fits, but this thing is ugly as sin and is about as comfortable as riding in a horse drawn buggy.
I do love how Mercedes’ turbo diesels go from 0-get the hell out of my way after turbo lag. View attachment 1645590

"Maler-Auto" (= Painter's car). That's what we call it in German anyways.

Used in lots of crime movies for people abductions, etc. :D

"Maler-Auto" (= Painter's car). That's what we call it in German anyways.

Used in lots of crime movies for people abductions, etc. :D
I’d just like to know how those stunt drivers get these vans sideways in chase scenes because this van’s stability control kicks in before the rear tires can break loose even in the rain.

I’d just like to know how those stunt drivers get these vans sideways in chase scenes because this van’s stability control kicks in before the rear tires can break loose even in the rain.
You can't turn it off manually? There's a button in the 4Runner to shut off various traction and stability control features...and more stuff than I can remember how to use.

Back