Random Thought Thread

If you don't have, or haven't tried a CPK FK2, the BFK is a great option.

Just my opinion/observations: the Kephart is a timeless design, paying homage to Horace's original, but CPK's FK2 and BFK are the results of technical ability beyond what was easily available/reproducible in Horace's day.

I've detailed it in posts before (but I don't expect folks to have been able to read the entirety of the CPK forum), but the FK2's handle (and the BFK can swap handle scales with the FK2) has been designed and contoured to be much more comfortable for extended usage, especially when applying more pressure (i.e. bushcraft, wood carving/shaving etc.).

I really like both the DEK1 and FK2, which are similar in size, but the FK2's handle is optimized for comfort in extended use (especially when applying more force). The BFK is pretty much a slightly longer (and stabbier) version of the FK2.

I have a CPK Kephart as well, but simply put, I would pick either of the FKs (FK2 or BFK), or the DEK1 over the Kephart every time if I'm taking just one fixed blade in the 4" - 5" blade range.

These are some superb insights and mirror some of my own. I make no secret of being a Kephart design fan and am always enthusiastic about finding a relatively faithful reproduction/homage to the original. That said, ol' Horace himself wrote that he tried a great many knives over his adventures and sensing that he was likely a bit of a knife nut like us, I think he would have greatly appreciated the advances in Lorian's and CPK's designs.

The handle on the FK2 is, without a doubt, superior to just about any working knife out there.

Gents, the discussion regarding PayPal and BF.com policies has been moved to the Tech Support / Feedback area of the site.

I'll bet that if spiders were the size of cats, everyday carry of a rapier wouldn't seem weird.
spider-900x648.jpg

"Giant hornets in Mooresville? Hold my beer!"

Back