Random Thought Thread

how so? haven't seen it yet. It's always hard to top an innovative concept piece, since the mindblowing aspects of the concept define the original. Sequels often seem to taper into character development, which is also cool, but not as "wow!".

so- more food for thought on the fate of mankind, or does it morph to a futuristic soap opera?

I had a real hard time with all the product placement, found it super distracting. Don't watch tv, and don't go out to movies much, so my sensitivity for that kind of thing is probably a little high
It was heavy on effects and light on grittiness, depth and substance. Still, the AV was mind blowing, and I'm sure I'll be processing what I saw for the next week or so

^ Not cool Lukey... What's private shall remain private. What you did there is begging for sympathy. If I were you, I'd edit that post. JMHO...

^ Not cool Lukey... What's private shall remain private. What you did there is begging for sympathy. If I were you, I'd edit that post. JMHO...
Far from looking for sympathy. Just keeping it REAL.

Edit to add:Only reason I deleted it is because I don't want drama, goes against what I said in the last sentence.

I’m very glad that you headed and edited :)

Not a good place to emphasize grievances ;)

Now that whatever drama that was has been averted... This is what's on my mind right now;

21271281_1287547451372273_1924330272216745724_n.jpg

Getting ready to put it away for the winter in a few weeks, it was a pretty constructive year for my main hobby/money sink. This year saw the clutch upgraded to twin disk ceramic, coilovers installed, and the tune finalized to get the most out of the headers we installed last year. Drove it on a 2200 mile round trip to Yellowstone and back and it didn't miss a beat. Got 21mpg on the interstate for the trip while making upwards of 500bhp, pretty surprised by that!

Now that whatever drama that was has been averted... This is what's on my mind right now;

View attachment 776898

Getting ready to put it away for the winter in a few weeks, it was a pretty constructive year for my main hobby/money sink. This year saw the clutch upgraded to twin disk ceramic, coilovers installed, and the tune finalized to get the most out of the headers we installed last year. Drove it on a 2200 mile round trip to Yellowstone and back and it didn't miss a beat. Got 21mpg on the interstate for the trip while making upwards of 500bhp, pretty surprised by that!
I wish I lost my virginity in that car, instead of mine.

This is the random thought thread, right?

View attachment 776898

She’s a beaut Skrap!

The Gen2 Mustangs are one of my favorites.

Been messing with the truck all day. Wish I bought a diesel earlier. Started fixing some of the issues it has, needs a few more things but luckily it’s our 4th vehicle so there’s no rush on any of it.

She’s a beaut Skrap!

The Gen2 Mustangs are one of my favorites.

Hey, you and I are both old car guys. Well, I'm older and you're still a pup AFAIAC, but the former just sounds better :)

Funny thing is that both you and I may have crossed paths at the old auto auction place without ever knowing, but as they say, it's a small World after all ;)

Now onto cars: these days just something which gets me from A to B, reliably, I sit high enough (crammed spaces = agoraphobia kickings in) in an SUV/Cross-Over and I get decent gas mileage with some pep in the motor if called upon. No longer seeking cars with "soul". I think if I go too fast these days, I get dizzy and may even faint :D

Now onto cars: these days just something which gets me from A to B, reliably, I sit high enough (crammed spaces = agoraphobia kickings in) in an SUV/Cross-Over and I get decent gas mileage with some pep in the motor if called upon. No longer seeking cars with "soul". I think if I go too fast these days, I get dizzy and may even faint :D

Strictly toys for me. For the last 18 years I have had a company vehicle for daily use, so if I'm gonna own a car it's gonna be something fun.

Hey, you and I are both old car guys. Well, I'm older and you're still a pup AFAIAC, but the former just sounds better :)

Funny thing is that both you and I may have crossed paths at the old auto auction place without ever knowing, but as they say, it's a small World after all ;)

It’s an obsession for sure!

My first car ride from the hospital was in my mom’s 1969 Karmann Ghia followed by rides in my dad’s 1969 Firebird that my mom was scared to drive.
In my junior year I already owned a 1965 Mustang with a strong 289 and a
1973 VW Squareback that went through 9 different motors.
The last 10+ years have been all about reliable trucks for work that lack any sort of fun. I’m bored of that so I think it’s time to look for 67-72 Chevy C10 shortbed that can haul ass and materials while looking good at the same time.

Sequels often seem to taper into character development, which is also cool, but not as "wow!".

imo, this one worked in reverse to that. Character development was very weak in the sequel, even though it's a hella long movie. Lots of pop, though, which is why it's worth seeing in the theatre. I have the original on dvd and I've watched it dozens of times, I'll often put it on and doodle and not even watch it- I can see it in my mind just hearing it. The score for the sequel has a lot more filler in it and doesn't carry the dramatic weight without becoming deafening at times. I really think they tried too hard to do too much

View attachment 776898

The first time I broke 150mph in a car was in a Mustang GT.

The first "high pucker factor" car wreck I was ever involved in was on the passenger seat of my bud's Mustang GTs. We took out a mailbox and a church sign sideways at about 70mph and laid it up on some big rocks. We got it out, but I had to have my butthole surgically reopened.

The one after that was in a Mustang Cobra Terminator.. same friend.. We took an exit ramp in the rain a bit hard.. but we made it onto another highway that was moving in an agreeable direction, so we were happy with the outcome.

My wife crashed her 2008 GTCS when the back end got loosie goosie on her in the snow and she drove it into a cement divider. Nothing about that story was fun. She was fine, but that car bled me dry.

After that I decided to take a break from the live fast mentality. I got myself a responsible 2008 Chevy Impala SS.. and I dropped a power add on it and held on for dear life.

Now I drive an accord and I get 36mpg.

Back