Ransack Viking Knives?

Haha, oh man... That went to crap pretty quick. It explains what the damascus consists of on the website. Whether it's true or not I don't know. The description sounds like the guy doesn't speak english very well though. An interesting situation for sure.

I'm sure I got burned on some of that Paki Damascus many years ago when I started this downward knife spiral.
Fortunately the details are no longer available. There's something to be said for memory loss in that situation.

FWIW, the "location" given for the "factory" is a private residence in the suburbs north of Chicago.....
They "started in Chicago " but "moved several times " ... and like maybe ended up in Paki , India , or PRC ? :rolleyes:

They seem to not want to actually say where their products are currently manufactured .

Cagey and deceptive , IMO . :mad::thumbsdown:

What is cheap Damascus by the way?

Is it just printed on or something?
Not necessarily .

There's tons of cheap real Damascus from Pakistan and India , primarily .

Just does't hold up to any actual hard use . Kinda falls apart , delaminates , fractures etc.

Handles are usually crap , also . Spot welded bolt as the "tang" is common .

Some are quite beautiful , so perfectly OK for a decorative wall hanger ...just don't try to chop wood . ;)

I will admit that I kind of feel like an idiot for not knowing. I knew something wasn’t right but…..

I dang sure ain’t gonna tell my sweet baby sister.
Never "look a gift horse in the mouth" and never spurn a gift of love . :)

Yea I wish I would’ve never brought the knife out today. But when you start digging you never know what you’ll find. I am glad that I got the answers I was looking for and hopefully nobody else gets scammed. I usually have better ways to spend an evening, but I guess tonight the stars just aligned. I’m about tired of dealing with him but he keeps blowing my phone up and I haven’t got fed up enough to block him yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 353
Not necessarily .

There's tons of cheap real Damascus from Pakistan and India , primarily .

Just does't hold up to any actual hard use . Kinda falls apart , delaminates , fractures etc.

Handles are usually crap , also . Spot welded bolt as the "tang" is common .

Some are quite beautiful , so perfectly OK for a decorative wall hanger ...just don't try to chop wood . ;)
If this is the same guy that owns Black Mamba Knives, he may be buying blanks from Bear and Sons or Alabama Damascus for his "more expensive U.S.A made" knives from what I find in old posts here. The rest are still cheap junk from Pakistan.....

If this is the same guy that owns Black Mamba Knives, he may be buying blanks from Bear and Sons or Alabama Damascus for his "more expensive U.S.A made" knives from what I find in old posts here. The rest are still cheap junk from Pakistan.....
He absolutely refuses to answer whether or not his knives are hand forged by his company. Becomes irate when asked.

Yea I wish I would’ve never brought the knife out today. But when you start digging you never know what you’ll find. I am glad that I got the answers I was looking for and hopefully nobody else gets scammed. I usually have better ways to spend an evening, but I guess tonight the stars just aligned. I’m about tired of dealing with him but he keeps blowing my phone up and I haven’t got fed up enough to block him yet.
Well, if he keeps it up and you feel he is now harassing you, you do have his name and address. Call the local police where he lives and have them pay him a visit.....
Oh, in case you didn't know, if he recorded your phone call he may have violated your states wiretapping statutes. Just something to keep in mind.....

Last edited:
Well, if he keeps it up and you feel he is now harassing you, you do have his name and address. Call the local police where he lives and have them pay him a visit.....
Oh, in case you didn't know, if he recorded your phone call he may have violated your states wiretapping statutes. Just something to keep in mind.....
I’ll prob just block him first. I just wish I’d have handled it a little differently suu as not mentioning in the beginning it was a gift from my sister because his threats put me in a position where I had to talk to her before he did. I also used the email option before calling him. Another misstep. I’ve got to get my stuff together better next time before I go calling out a con artist. But really just being able to put his name and company on here to warn others almost made it worthwhile. My sister is a big girl and she’ll be alright. But it takes a sorry kind of person to do that. I told him that if I was wrong in my accusations he wouldn’t have gotten so mad and that he would never treat a customer that way if he was actually trying to run a legit business. The fact that he gets irate when asked if his knives are the real deal says it all. It goes without saying buyer beware. But in the long run it adds a story to the knife she bought me and I’m sure by next Christmas we’ll laugh about it.

I'm getting into this late. But dude. You can go on home shopping network or some other sites and buy """""handcrafted etched knives, axes, bearded viking axes... You name it for stupidly low prices. I'm cheap ( cause I'm retired and its a hobby, but when I get my journeymans watch out) a wrapped eye hawk starts at 70$. Handle extra, sheath extra, etching ..Way more. AND my name is on the tool with guarantees. The fact that the guys brow beating and threatening tells you he's not legit.

I'm getting into this late. But dude. You can go on home shopping network or some other sites and buy """""handcrafted etched knives, axes, bearded viking axes... You name it for stupidly low prices. I'm cheap ( cause I'm retired and its a hobby, but when I get my journeymans watch out) a wrapped eye hawk starts at 70$. Handle extra, sheath extra, etching ..Way more. AND my name is on the tool with guarantees. The fact that the guys brow beating and threatening tells you he's not legit.
No I know. My sister bought me a type of knife that I know nothing about. So in my ignorance I posted here asking for input because something didn’t seem right with the guys site. Folks pretty quickly let me know that I had a junk knife that was not anything close to what the site claimed. So I contacted the guy and that’s when it got interesting. I’m just an oilfield hand that likes hunting and cowboy shit. I carry a buck stockman. Not Viking weapons. I thought it was a pretty knife but wasn’t sure what I had. These kind folks helped me out and got that I’m grateful. Sad thing is I look up and have wasted a whole evening entertaining this guy. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

No I know. My sister bought me a type of knife that I know nothing about. So in my ignorance I posted here asking for input because something didn’t seem right with the guys site. Folks pretty quickly let me know that I had a junk knife that was not anything close to what the site claimed. So I contacted the guy and that’s when it got interesting. I’m just an oilfield hand that likes hunting and cowboy shit. I carry a buck stockman. Not Viking weapons. I thought it was a pretty knife but wasn’t sure what I had. These kind folks helped me out and got that I’m grateful. Sad thing is I look up and have wasted a whole evening entertaining this guy. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.
Meh, he's got zero way of knowing who your sister is. He's all blab, block him, hang it on the wall and tell your sister you love it. "I treasure it too much to put any wear and tear on it."

Sad thing is I look up and have wasted a whole evening entertaining this guy. Oh well. Tomorrow is another day.

Don't feel too bad, you've entertained us as well. 😉

This is the time when we all send an inquire on his site on what the steel is and where it is made! 🤣

Don't feel too bad, you've entertained us as well. 😉

This is the time when we all send an inquire on his site on what the steel is and where it is made! 🤣
I am a bit late to this thread, but I am more than a bit tired of the proliferation of cheap Paki Damascus sold as made in the USA. It is every where. And the OP is correct, one does not need a good command of the English language to shill cheap Paki Damascus, as made in the USA. Check out "Ryno's Damascus knifes" That Agrussell sells on their website.

Last edited:
Be sure to open a thread in "FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!" section. Maybe just have this one moved.

I feel bad for those uninformed people who pay full-custom prices for cheap Paki junk thinking they're buying a quality high-end knife. Heck, I feel bad for people who pay anything for them.

They waste their money on crap, someone else probably gets stuck with it, and the seller laughs all the way to the bank.

If only they could join Bladeforums and ask before they buy.

Two basic rules for avoiding Paki crap-

Rule #1- Buyer beware.

Rule #2- Join Bladeforums.

Back