Rare !!!Plumb axe help dating and other information

No I'll be carving a custom haft, so I won't be limited! Thanks for the advise. Stay tuned for the end result.

Plumb dropped Perma-bond after the Cooper Tools buyout in the 80's. But this is older than that. The handle style is also from the time period that Halfaxe suggested.

Are you sure? I have a Cooper tools Plumb with permabond. Also, new Plumb tools to this day come with permabond. Was there a gap?

For the record, here's another undated page that supposedly accompanied the 1964 price sheets. Perhaps the label designs can convey some information, for example confirming that the Dreadnaught label was used during the 1960s (YesteryearsTools wasn't definite about this). Although the details aren't clear, the All-American labels look similar to an example that YesteryearsTools listed as being used after 1981.

Plumb1964isCatalogAxes2.jpg

To see more detail, Right-click on this image, then choose View Image, then click on resulting image to enlarge it (at least this is how it works on my computer).

Yesteryears tools is wrong about quite a few things including the post 1981 All American labels. Tom loosely researched a lot of this stuff and made assumptions to get the info posted so gotta take a lot of it with a grain of salt.

Yesteryears tools is wrong about quite a few things including the post 1981 All American labels. Tom loosely researched a lot of this stuff and made assumptions to get the info posted so gotta take a lot of it with a grain of salt.

There has been an exponential growth in interest in this over the last few years and many details have changed, I’m sure.

Please share any current research you've come across, A AxeNinja

There has been an exponential growth in interest in this over the last few years and many details have changed, I’m sure.

Please share any current research you've come across, A AxeNinja
With all the info flowing everywhere - how can anyone keep up? New to collecting, started with Boy Scouts axes. What books or self produced write ups are there out there, and how do I locate them? I have heard that a Ed Holbrook did a BSA hatchet/blades spiral booklet but I can not find it anywhere. Is it essentially correct in its descriptions? Is that author still alive? Amazon says it has been unavailable since 2004. Does anyone have a digital copy that can be posted for download or are beginning collectors simply outta luck? Hard to get into a hobby when there is no educational publications dealing with the hobby! Thanks for any assistance in advance.

Holbrook has issued "new" "editions" that are identical - same number of words and pages - same knives and axes. His work is useful but incomplete (Start with missing the first BSA Scout Axe.).

Do take into account in reading my opinion (The missing first BSA axe is a fact, not an opinion.) that I once offered to send him pictures of clearly marked BSA axes not included in his book. Didn't ask for credit. Just wanted to help. No response. So that behavior no doubt colors my view of him.

FYI, the first model Bridgeport BSA axe that Official Scout Blades dates at "1934 -1948" was advertised for sale at p. 51 in Boys' Life in April, 1931.
9W3jUop.png

Just found this axe this past weekend at an estate sale. Pictures are for help with questions in past posts. Appears to me to be all original.
Part number stamped in yellow paint across wedge. Oddly also has a what looks to be a old school price sticker that reads “hardware 1.59”

Back