Really...

Which blade is better in YOUR opinion?

• Black

Votes: 22 16.5%
  • Polished (Aka silver)

Votes: 111 83.5%

• Total voters
I hear that Black Friday is a good day to get knives, as they usually have all sorts of discounts? Not that I need a knife, and that is a while away.

I’m still not sure how to use that diamond sharpener you sent me jlauffer jlauffer ...

I hear that Black Friday is a good day to get knives, as they usually have all sorts of discounts? Not that I need a knife, and that is a while away.

I’m still not sure how to use that diamond sharpener you sent me jlauffer jlauffer ...

I advise you to start by studying this thread. It is the top sticky thread on the Maintenance, Tinkering & Embellishment forum.

...I’m still not sure how to use that diamond sharpener you sent me jlauffer jlauffer ...

Unless I am mistaken, your sharpener should be used like a kitchen steel. Or very similar. Go to YouTube
and look at how Chefs use a steel. There is more than one way.

The other thing that you might try is go to the manufactures website for the brand of stone that you have. They might have instructions that you can read or download.

It is the CPK (Carothers Performance Knives) Friday sale they have every other week. I don't remember hearing of a Black Friday sale. Where is that at?

It is the CPK (Carothers Performance Knives) Friday sale they have every other week. I don't remember hearing of a Black Friday sale. Where is that at?
I was speaking website wide, BladeHQ, Amazon, etc. I’m pretty sure every website has a sale on Black Friday, lol...

Unless I am mistaken, your sharpener should be used like a kitchen steel. Or very similar. Go to YouTube
and look at how Chefs use a steel. There is more than one way.

The other thing that you might try is go to the manufactures website for the brand of stone that you have. They might have instructions that you can read or download.
Will check out YouTube. (Just don’t want to damage my new knives... :()

Also, I never realized... the SAK’s blade is “bent” a little, to allow room for the other smaller tool. Are all of them like this?

Can skip to about :45

ETA: Of course with the Utilitac being partially serrated, you'll need to get some sort of sharpening rod for that portion of the blade.

View attachment 1417025

Last edited:
Sometimes there’s no other way to find a breaker LOL
Haha. I’m not too proud to say I’ve done it. The ole turn your head and close your eyes method.

I’ve took and crossed phases intentionally before. Couldn’t find a breaker and got tired of walking back and forth ha. I had some receptacles one time on a QO panel that you really had to work to make trip. I’d sit there and just watch the wire weld across hot and neutral

Haha. I’m not too proud to say I’ve done it. The ole turn your head and close your eyes method.

I’ve took and crossed phases intentionally before. Couldn’t find a breaker and got tired of walking back and forth ha. I had some receptacles one time on a QO panel that you really had to work to make trip. I’d sit there and just watch the wire weld across hot and neutral
Yeah not my proudest moment but sometimes you just got to stand to the side turn your head and get er done. That was before I had a circuit finder.

Back