Red alert traditionals!

IMG_3227.jpg~original
Love the diamond shield, if one comes up for sale with the chestnut bone it will be hard for me to resist.
I am trying to move to the “enjoy what you have” stage. Lovely knife Will

BAD93EBE-658A-49F4-BA25-D2AF76764B1A.jpeg 7D4C3EDB-2BA5-4A21-A71F-827D187AFE97.jpeg
Se

Seems unusual to see you with something other than your Red Sawcut bone 77 Barlow my friend . Nice looking 38 !!!! How are you liking it ?

Harry

Hey Harry,

Ref the #38... It’s a very slim and graceful feel in the hand. A gentleman’s knife for light duty use.

The red sawcut 77 had to be rescaled after a heart-breaking drop on the tile floor in the kitchen in the summer of ‘16. It went back to GEC for repair and came back as a Copperhead sawcut 77! It’s the only spear/coping copperhead bone 77 in existence. :D

View attachment 868290 View attachment 868289

Hey Harry,

Ref the #38... It’s a very slim and graceful feel in the hand. A gentleman’s knife for light duty use.

The red sawcut 77 had to be rescaled after a heart-breaking drop on the tile floor in the kitchen in the summer of ‘16. It went back to GEC for repair and came back as a Copperhead sawcut 77! It’s the only spear/coping copperhead bone 77 in existence. :D
Well , I will have to say that Ol Red got a nice new suit of brown and looks very nice .
That is kind of my feeling of the 38 that I have also . Kind of a Sunday go to meeting type carry .
Good to see you again my friend .

Harry

Last edited:
Love the diamond shield, if one comes up for sale with the chestnut bone it will be hard for me to resist.
If you can get one with the steel liners , you will get a very good knife Will .

Harry

Well , I will have to say that Ol Red got a nice new suit of brown and looks very nice .
That is kind of my feeling of the 38 that I have also . Kind of a Sunday go to meeting type carry.
Goos to see you again my friend .

Harry

Exactly, a gentleman’s knife. :)

Thanks, and I hear you ;) but these are great knives, and as Harry points out, get an all steel one and you won't regret it. whatever the scales :cool:

A couple of more reds for this thread.

This little 25 in Sawcut is a favorite. I've had the good fortune to be able to get a 77 in the same Sawcut on reserve and I am looking forward to seeing them paired together.

L2414uh.jpg

This 2-blade 15 is a relatively recent addition and has become another fast favorite. The Rust Red is deep and and dark.

vGpey6D.jpg

Nice knife, and thanks again for the blade shot. The Case XX U.S.A.s have some wonderful redbone on them!!
Have we seen every shade in this thread?? Probably not!!:)
Killer Barlow, Cal!!
Looking around for clip blade variations in Case knives, I found these from a friend!
A lot of Case XX stamped knives had dark red handles, and some aged to a brighter red. but generally the U.S.A.s are brighter with nice contrasts like TxJohn's.
These are all XXs, ~1940 to 1964.
These are, from the top, a 6318, a 6332, and a 61048.
18 32 and 48 A.jpg

A couple of more reds for this thread.

This little 25 in Sawcut is a favorite. I've had the good fortune to be able to get a 77 in the same Sawcut on reserve and I am looking forward to seeing them paired together.

L2414uh.jpg

This 2-blade 15 is a relatively recent addition and has become another fast favorite. The Rust Red is deep and and dark.

vGpey6D.jpg
Great pictures Dylan and I especially like your # 25 . I am also wanting to see you post this # 25 and your new 77 together . If you want to see a bit what they will look like together , go back to Page 12 and my post #227 .

Harry

Back