Replace my Bk20 and Bk29 for a Busse Trough Raider.

take your time with a hard sanding block and take the primary bevel (edge to the first fuller) down to a flat grind, working your way through the grits.
then add a new secondary bevel at 15-20 degrees per side to re-establish, strengthen, and stabilize your edge.
sounds like a lot of work lol Id rather just appreciate it for what it is or sell it off. For what it cost, and how beautiful it is I doubt Id get into all that... but never know.

next to the 9 would be fun to see.

THANKS!
20210915_181541.jpg20210915_181958.jpg20210915_181915.jpg

I'm not sure what this tree is but it is very hard... Both of these blades had the same bite (not much) the added weight and handle shape made the Busse feel like it wanted to slide out of my hand with powerful swings. I wouldn't want to chop this in half but If I had to and I had to choose between these, I would take the BK9 for weight and grip.

sounds like a lot of work lol Id rather just appreciate it for what it is or sell it off. For what it cost, and how beautiful it is I doubt Id get into all that... but never know.
That's my plan for now, I want to use the crap out of it for what it is. If I start getting bored with it or find I need a finer edge I will thin it out a bit.

That's my plan for now, I want to use the crap out of it for what it is. If I start getting bored with it or find I need a finer edge I will thin it out a bit.
ill be interested to hear your thoughts. The glancing was a bit much especially compared the BK9 that bites deep... I know the geometry is different, and I can imagine this Trough Raider will split much better than the BK9.

I'm not sure what this tree is but it is very hard... Both of these blades had the same bite (not much) the added weight and handle shape made the Busse feel like it wanted to slide out of my hand with powerful swings. I wouldn't want to chop this in half but If I had to and I had to choose between these, I would take the BK9 for weight and grip.

Yeah, Coffin style handles look cool and may work well if you plan to fight with the knife, but for chopping they have poor ergonomics. What I do with handles like that is use a type of grip tape that adheres to itself. has many uses and cushions the handle and adds a swell.

WARRIORPBGRIPTAPE-WOODLANDCAMO-2.jpg

I've had my share of Busse Choppers.

They are fun. Indestructible. And best of all, retain their value well if you want to sell and try something else.

The steel (INFI) is super tough, and the warranty fantastic.

0tRl540.jpeg

91k6ZaX.jpeg

NQD4aO6.jpeg

jvOdQnq.jpeg

What I like most about Becker Choppers.
They are so comfortable and secure in hand when using 😁
They aren’t a big investment. 😁
Hold up very well .😁
View attachment 1889990View attachment 1889991View attachment 1889992View attachment 1889993View attachment 1889994View attachment 1889995View attachment 1889996View attachment 1889997
As nice as they are, sometimes you just got to get out the chainsaw 😁
View attachment 1889998
I agree 100% I don't ever feel like I need more knife but I sometimes want something different...

Back