Recommendation? Revolvers

I'm very interested in the GP100. How is the accuracy with the .327 fed mag? I'm thinking 6" barrel. I've heard it's very loud.

It's odd, .357 mag is one of the few mainstream pistol cartridges I haven't shot.

I shoot .38, 9mm, and .40 regularly. I've shot .500 S&W, .45-70, and .44 mag as far as larger calibers go revolver wise.
Bernie, Ruger makes a fine revolver .. the .357 Mag is always on the loud side! The longer the barrel the more it will quiet down for you! Still brite at the muzzle! PM me if you’d like to continue this discussion.

Well,

If you are ever in the market for a good holster, you’d be selling yourself short not contacting Dave Horsewright Horsewright to see what he could do for you. Came out just beautiful. Couldn’t be happier.

And if you’re in the market for a good, solid, quality belt- same deal. It’ll probably outlast me, and look great doing it. Thanks again, Dave. Everything about the entire process was great, from the first phone call to the mail showing up yesterday evening (My birthday, ironically. Don’t you love it when a plan comes together? :D) I appreciate all your help.

Well,

If you are ever in the market for a good holster, you’d be selling yourself short not contacting Dave Horsewright Horsewright to see what he could do for you. Came out just beautiful. Couldn’t be happier.

And if you’re in the market for a good, solid, quality belt- same deal. It’ll probably outlast me, and look great doing it. Thanks again, Dave. Everything about the entire process was great, from the first phone call to the mail showing up yesterday evening (My birthday, ironically. Don’t you love it when a plan comes together? :D) I appreciate all your help.
Pics pics pics :)

And if you’re in the market for a good, solid, quality belt- same deal. It’ll probably outlast me, and look great doing it. Thanks again, Dave. Everything about the entire process was great, from the first phone call to the mail showing up yesterday evening (My birthday, ironically. Don’t you love it when a plan comes together? :D) I appreciate all your help.[/QUOTE]

Well heck I had it all planned for the proper arrival! Thanks for the kind words, Happy BDay and thanks for the order.

I'm a little late to the party, but I'm glad I read the thread. OP, congrats on the new revolver and the new leather. Smart choices. Both look great and, I'm sure, will give you years of service. Dave, I'm not sure what I enjoy looking at more, your handiwork or your photography. Both are beautiful and informative.

I'll add one suggestion; for carrying extra cartridges. I've never gotten fumble free with speedloaders. But I get along well with speed strips. I've got 'em from Bianchi and Tuff. Can't really tell much difference. They pack flat and are easy to learn. Load two cartridges at a time into the cylinder. Quick and easy. Get two colors, one for specials and one for magnums. If they work for you, I'd bet Dave makes a handy pouch.

Enjoy your new tools/toys!

Reactions: BP_
I tried to use the upload a file option but as usual it doesn't work in bladeforums for some reason. I have a sweet S&W 8 shot .357. The model is a 627pc

Ugh no new revolver for me...:(

$2500 in car repairs and maintenance. New battery, intake manifold motor thing ($1500), brake flush, power steering fluid flush, new key $350, (but insurance will reimburse me), few other minors, labor, tax.

Ack!

Maybe I'll put that DW on my CC, then rob a bank with it to pay it off.

Late but I'll add my $.02. When I lived in grizz country I carried a .41 may in titainium with heavy handloads. No longer do so my choice is now a S&W 638 with either genuine FBI loads or the +P loads from Buffalo Bore. Why? They aren't for plinking. If you leave it home because it is too heavy and you don't feel like carrying it is when you need it. Does you no good laying under the seat of the rig. The Smith is fully +P rated and very reliable. It does take some practice and far less than ideal for any novice however.

CA's 10 days BGC period is now all over and done with, as of yesterday :thumbsup:

RL54OLr.jpg

IX39aBK.jpg

It's heavy but there's always a silver lining, makes my old school Beretta Cheetah (84B) seem like a toy! For those who just wanna go there and make a smart comment that .380 is indeed a light toy, don't or else I'll have to pull out the CZ in 9mm :p :D

Sweet pistols you’ve got there. That S&W is just beautiful :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thank you Sir. On the SSR, I’m going to replace the fancy stippled wood (?) handles with the supplied Houges instead though :)

Reactions: BP_
Yes Sir!

45 ACP is fun as hell in a 'hawg leg' S.A.R.! Not much in North America it won't do.

Last edited:
Yeah and with moon clips you can....

ahh, just kidding.

But people say you can load one pretty fast using an old 1911 magazine or I guess for that matter any autoloader magazine in .45ACP.

Bernie, Ruger makes a fine revolver .. the .357 Mag is always on the loud side! The longer the barrel the more it will quiet down for you! Still brite at the muzzle! PM me if you’d like to continue this discussion.

I'll second the loud and bright part! I like my Ruger SP101 for carry but should have gone with the 3" barrel.

View attachment 1284000

When Wisconsin first got its CCW provision I began carrying my SIG P238. The problem was that my wife hates automatics. I had that SW 640, and a nice thumb-break holster, so I figured if I was out of the fight she would have a firearm she knew how to use.

I carry 24/7. Oh, I'm not a mercenary. I just have to admit I hate having to remove the holster through all of those belt loops! However, now I think I'd miss carrying it, once you get used to something in your pocket or on your belt you feel nekkid when it's gone.

(Pictures to follow--it's 3:00AM here and the wife is asleep).

Yes Sir!

45 ACP is fun as hell in a 'hawg leg' S.A.R.! Not much in North America it won't do.

Even the smaller frame Blackhawks can handle .45acp +p. @23,000 psi which is higher than a standard .45 LC Load.

Of course a large frame Blackhawk can handle the RUGER ONLY .45 LC loads. Which could truly handle everything in N. America

Last edited:
Back