REX 45 Burnt Orange Paramilitary 2 Sprint Run

The hype almost got me. I didn't even know they dropped yet until I saw this thread. Im glad i missed it because I would've probably broken my rule for having to many pm2s in similar steel..though I could always get a millie in it.
I just gotta keep telling myself this one isn't much different than my 52100. (They both patina and sharpen up easy)

Still, im very interested to see how it compares to 52100

I think the secondary markup will mostly reflect the rarity of this one and not superiority vs other steels released this year.

That CPM REX 45 is the US version of HAP40 as far as I see... so this should be a very good steel indeed :)

It's not hype. It costs only 10 dollars more than the regular production model in s30v steel and black g10scale. The orange color alone is worth that price difference.

The Military model at $182, that is a different story.

It's not hype. It costs only 10 dollars more than the regular production model in s30v steel and black g10scale. The orange color alone is worth that price difference.

Out of curiosity, are you saying the Military is overpriced? The sprint is $8 more than the regular production model, and $10 less than the S110V model. Even the coated blades cost more than the sprint.

Out of curiosity, are you saying the Military is overpriced? The sprint is $8 more than the regular production model, and $10 less than the S110V model. Even the coated blades cost more than the sprint.

I won't say the Rex 45 Millie is overpriced although its retail price is far less attractive than that of the Rex 45 PM2. Yes I am aware of the Rex 45 Millie being only a few dollars more than the base production version, but the latter itself IMO is priced a bit too high especially when compared to PM2.

Very true!!

Sorry I didn't mean hype as in "its not worth it".

Any Sprint thats within $10-$15 of a regular model is VERY well worth it.

I personally just couldn't reasonably afford another pm2..and im trying not to kick myself for it haha.
I guess I should say all the "commotion" after it sold out fast is making me want one more and more.:oops:

In stock at DLT. I finally scored one!

Just ordered one as well. I'm not even a big fan of the PM2 but I'm worried about missing out on the Para3 release and figure I can trade this one if necessary. I really need to stop buying knives based on hype but what's a guy to do? And to be honest I'm more in it for the orange scales than the fancy steel.

Edit 2 - BHQ actually is showing them in stock at the moment (510pm est)
A whopping 10 minutes at BHQ! WOW!

What is 'a bit' irksome to me about the BHQ one is, I called them at around 11:45 EDT and asked about the knife. I was told they had none and they currently had no idea when they would be getting them in. Within approximately the next six hours, the same day, they received and sold out of them?!
All the while I work nights and can not just jump on the net to check and/or order while at work... I can't say the BHQ guy lied to me, but ... "No we don't have them today and are not sure when we'll be getting them in. Follow us on social media for updates." Then received and sold out that same day, within around the next six hours? Not feeling to great about it on my end of it. Of course, that I (like many) was Really looking forward to this one and Really wanted to get one (not at inflated prices though) definitely doesn't help the feeling...
Seems like I've missed out on this one due to? It sure wasn't lack of checking when I could... Half a dozen tabs open on my laptop hitting refresh pretty often for two days until it was time to go to work.

Goodness ...lol (chuckling).... alright..., pitty party, pout time over with :D. Looking forward to hearing how awesome (hopefully) this steel & it's heat treat is - and maybe at some point in the future there will be another sprint run of these, and maybe I'll get lucky and get one then.

u.w.

Devil's Advocate: 11:45EDT would be 9:45MST (where BladeHQ is located). This is very likely before any deliveries were made.

What is 'a bit' irksome to me about the BHQ one is, I called them at around 11:45 EDT and asked about the knife. I was told they had none and they currently had no idea when they would be getting them in. Within approximately the next six hours, the same day, they received and sold out of them?!
All the while I work nights and can not just jump on the net to check and/or order while at work... I can't say the BHQ guy lied to me, but ... "No we don't have them today and are not sure when we'll be getting them in. Follow us on social media for updates." Then received and sold out that same day, within around the next six hours? Not feeling to great about it on my end of it. Of course, that I (like many) was Really looking forward to this one and Really wanted to get one (not at inflated prices though) definitely doesn't help the feeling...
Seems like I've missed out on this one due to? It sure wasn't lack of checking when I could... Half a dozen tabs open on my laptop hitting refresh pretty often for two days until it was time to go to work.

Goodness ...lol (chuckling).... alright..., pitty party, pout time over with :D. Looking forward to hearing how awesome (hopefully) this steel & it's heat treat is - and maybe at some point in the future there will be another sprint run of these, and maybe I'll get lucky and get one then.

u.w.
Yeah man, that kinda blows. And your schedule doesn't help. But you do have to signup for multiple "in stock" alerts, and be ready, especially on these sprints. I've got the entire PM2 collection and probably had to buy maybe half of them private party for missing out. Yeah you might pay another 20-50 bucks to the flippers, but if you want it, you gotta pay... Also, our brothers and sisters on here will start to flip their seconds for more reasonable margins so you'll find one.

The microfiber cloth and rewards points are both awesome perks at DLT. I've had 7 websites up, hitting refresh looking to score this one for two days, everyone was releasing them while I was busy working. I've done business with all 7 and have no major issues with any of them. I haven't gotten a BHQ wishlist in stock notice email for at least 2 to 3 years that wasn't on a knife that hadn't already been available for a while and bombed in its initial release. Knifeworks, GP Knives and DLT email notices are much more timely.

I have to put in a plug for River's Edge Cutlery. Their reservation system took a bit of time to notify (just got notification this morning), but, they honored their reservation system and filled my reserved order today.

Back