REX 45 Burnt Orange Paramilitary 2 Sprint Run

Yeah, my package from DLT Trading that I ordered Wednesday afternoon got here the same day as the BHQ order I placed a week ago. I live in the middle of nowhere, fwiw. Also got one of their microfiber cloths like the one pictured above.

The Rex45 PM2 is a faded orange. I threw a blue MXG clip I had on there. A polished titanium clip would probably look cleaner but I have a soft spot for Auburn colors. :D

mvvTaUm.jpg

Vu7Yykl.jpg

2CjcNbJ.jpg

I passed on this one. great steel and knife but orange just didnt do much for me. plus I already got too many pm2. those who got one put 'em to use and enjoy 'em......

Yeah, my package from DLT Trading that I ordered Wednesday afternoon got here the same day as the BHQ order I placed a week ago. I live in the middle of nowhere, fwiw. Also got one of their microfiber cloths like the one pictured above.

The Rex45 PM2 is a faded orange. I threw a blue MXG clip I had on there. A polished titanium clip would probably look cleaner but I have a soft spot for Auburn colors. :D

mvvTaUm.jpg

Vu7Yykl.jpg

2CjcNbJ.jpg

War Eagle!

Made a pilgrimage to the promised land this afternoon. :D Not to rub it in, but I got one of the last 3 of these that they had in stock at the SFO, and watched another go out the door as well, so they only had 1 more as of about 3pm today. All of the last 3 in stock were unclaimed, numbered collector's club blades. That'll do pig, that'll do. :cool:

IMG_2801.jpg

mvvTaUm.jpg

Vu7Yykl.jpg

2CjcNbJ.jpg

War Eagle!

Denver Broncos!!! :D They were made here in Golden after all... :p But yes, the blue and orange do go together nicely! :thumbsup:

mvvTaUm.jpg

Vu7Yykl.jpg

2CjcNbJ.jpg
What brand of deep carry clip is that on the REX 45 and where did you get one?

Disregard, I reread and see it's an MXG. I'll do a search.

Ye ole cutlery and gift shoppe has a couple left. I've not dealt with them before, but they seem to have good ratings online.

The burnt orange G10 is working well with blue hues.
Orange is always a good combo with blue jeans. Used to own a knifecenter nakamura with orange barrel spacers for that reason alone. Looked great. Can’t wait to see how this one looks.

Got mine in this afternoon. It has a Really exceptional edge! Other than two custom Japanese (one in Hap 40, the other one in PS60) kitchen knives, this is the sharpest factory edge that I have ever received. It actually splits my wife's ultra fine hair, which is way sharper than shaving sharp. My favorite kitchen knifes are in Hap 40, so I am VERY happy with this purchase!

Here is my initial review of the edge that came on my Rex45 Para2 in greater detail that I just posted on the Spyderco Forum.

First: when I saw it, I didn't go immediately "YUCK" and decide to either sell it or promptly give it an adequate edge. Ok, I freely admit, I am one of those Edge Junkies that are joked about.

So, upon initial edge review here is what I observed: The apex is clean with no chipping visible under a 4 power magnifying glass. The cutting edge profile and cutting bevels are quite even along the full length of both sides of the blade. The grind marks are exceptionally even, even at the difficult tip and ricasso areas. In addition, the grind marks do not show the common signs of chatter (but those usually show up best during the first stropping/sharpening). The main bevel grit used seems finer than often found on normal PM2s, being approximately 30/40 micron in size. That is probably due to some combination of either a finer final grit being used, or a gentler touch by the grinder. The edge has a touch-up ultra-micro-bevel that fairly evenly covers the length of the cutting edge. In addition, the angle of the micro-bevel is only about 2 degrees greater than the bevel, which is wonderful. It is probably that final process that also gently polished the blade/bevel shoulder. All together a wonderful job!

Other than two custom Japanese kitchen knives(one in Hap 40, the other one in PS60) , I think that this Sprint PM2 in CPM Rex45 is the sharpest factory edge that I have ever received. It actually (barely) splits my wife's dry ultra-fine hair, which is way sharper than shaving sharp.

My favorite kitchen knifes are in Hitachi Hap 40, so I am looking forward to putting this knife into use!

Sal , Someone in management deserves thanks for devising the final sharpening process of this batch of Sprints, and some also deserves praise for a very craftsman-like job for carrying the sharpening process out!

Thank you very much!

Seeing the pictures of these makes me really excited for the Para 3 in this steel and color combo IIhave on pre order!

Mine were scheduled for Monday and arrived today, from two different dealers.

These two PM2 REX 45 knives are absolutely flawless, Spyderco is very consistent over the past three years with sprints/exclusive QC. Not a trace of lock stick,, will free fall closed after a few drops of Nano-oil, perfectly centered blade.

Regards,
FK

I missed this one. I'm sure other nice PM2 sprints will come along, and I certainly don't need it. This does sounds like a very well executed version of the PM2.

Could not be happier for Spyderco that these things sell out so quickly.

Back