1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

RIP Tony Bose

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by coolhand68, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Lhpanther

Lhpanther Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2014
    A932359D-1267-46E4-8D7F-6F754D3C8123.jpeg

Here is the Remington knife you are referring to right next to the Remington reblade Tony made for me. Pretty epic pair of you ask me. Like you, I love this pattern so much that I ended up with the Wilfred lockback hunter prototype from Tony. I’ve really enjoyed reading all these posts and hearing the stories of Tony’s generosity and impact he made on all of us

2. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Crushing news for traditional knife fans! Sorry to hear this.
    May his family find peace.

3. dcpritch

dcpritch

Feb 28, 2018
    Understatement of the year!

I've been carrying a T. Bose backpocket all week, including today when I was out clearing some windfall, in honor of Mr. Bose. Rob and those who personally knew Tony have given us a picture of the type of man we could all aspire to be.
    409341A0-5D21-4DDA-8283-C00D20BDD11A.jpeg

4. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    I was waiting for Tony to reblade my Remington lockback!! :(
    I'd rather see Tony again, than that knife!!

SVTFreak, tmd_87, Jack Black and 4 others like this.
  5. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    Sad news. The godfather of traditional knives. RIP Tony.

waynorth likes this.
  6. hamsco

hamsco Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2015

Thank you for sharing your memories. They are wonderful stories that help us know what an outstanding man Tony was.

knowtracks likes this.
  7. Vinniebabarooch

Vinniebabarooch Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2014
    My condolences to the Bose family and friends.
    I never met Tony, but it was on my to do list.
    I can see what type of man he was by the outpouring amount of love.
    RIP Tony

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  8. smkinva

smkinva Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jun 8, 2018
    F999A90F-1B33-444E-8393-7B58366CCB3F.jpeg What a way to find this out. I’m new to knife collecting. I’m just entering into leaving the knowledge gathering phase of our hobby so I’m researching a little, trying to find out more about the knives I have and organize my collection a little. During this activity, I’m researching Case knife tang stamps an I came across one with USA T.B.6.5210 SS. Hum, what does that mean? I found that T.B. was for “Tony Bose.” Not knowing who that is or anything about him, I began researching his name. What sad news I found! RIP Mr. Bose. What a legacy you have created. We are fortunate to have had you with us. You have truly given our world of knife collecting great gift.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  9. AFAustin

AFAustin Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 8, 2004
    knowtracks likes this.
  10. Joe Allen Knives-2017

Joe Allen Knives-2017 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 17, 2017
    Vince ,you are so right , its been over a month later an the vacuum has just been taken out of me. I can’t hardly get in the spirit to go to my shop and do anything. But I know this loss to all of us is hard . Once I told Tony , I’m ready to quit, give it all up and he said to get your self back in your shop an keep trying . So i said to my self, yes I can do it an there will be no student of Tony’s who is a failure . So I give him all the Thanks for putting up with me all these years and having patience when i asked questions on why or how to do a particular job on a knife. My heart goes out to Reese and Karen.

knowtracks, Peregrin and VCM3 like this.
  11. Peregrin

Peregrin Traditional Forum Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Sep 2, 2004
    knowtracks likes this.
  12. tmd_87

tmd_87 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 29, 2016
    GREAT story!!!

What a pair!!!

Onearmbladenut likes this.