1. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  2. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Ripped Off by Dustin Turpin Knives– Deal with Caution.

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by lawfor, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gastonknife

Gastonknife Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 15, 2008
    Please go back and read #663 ...........take your own comment to heart............ let it go; not sure you continue to do yourself any good here and it's not on topic. At least that is what my experience is telling me.;)

2. stonesell

stonesell Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I was just trying to come up with an idea that might get the OP his money back. But you are right, this is not my area of expertise, so I will stop posting here. Sometimes I have trouble understanding what is appropriate, in order to stay on topic. Also, and I'm sure it's obvious, but I really have very little experience posting on forums. Bladeforums is actually the only place that I've ever tried. Sorry for those that I have offended, and thank you for your helpful advice. I will do better if I stick with sales, and avoid too many social comments.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  3. Liberty43

Liberty43 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2012
    On a slightly positive note...only just mind you...knives made by Turpin are now sitting on the forums and in many cases, if they do sell, they sell for much less than before. I think that this thread along with IG has helped to make this a reality. Dustin could remedy this very quickly...if he so desired. Sadly (and obviously) that desire is not currently there (nor do I feel it will ever return). I was one of the people that paid a deposit to get on his "list"...needless to say I haven't seen anything other than whining and broken promises. Dale...thank you so much for bringing this to light and for also not just "letting it go"...this guy should not be making a living from knife making until he clears up his past. I hope he makes you whole one day...either by making the promised knives, by returning the watch or with cash. Thank you again!!! :thumbup:

4. lawfor

lawfor

Dec 25, 2013
    Thanks, my friend. I am stubborn, and even more so when I am deliberately taken advantage of. I don't intend to let it go until resolved one way or another. It's kind of funny, a "high-profile" knife collector has been posting all over IG today about being ripped off for about $50 in a lottery. Everyone is reposting his situation but this same collector seemed to have zero outrage at my own situation which involves thousands of dollars. I guess people (some anyway) really only give a shit when they are the victim.

5. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Depends on whose "ox is being gored"

6. palonej

palonej Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Or who's butt is bleeding.
    These spoiled, entitled brats make me nauseous.
    I don't do IG, but I can imagine the sycophants boo hooing for the poor unfortunate soul.
    Joe

7. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Or when they have something to gain by giving a shit.

8. looseyfur

looseyfur

Aug 4, 2006
    and bingo was his name-o

9. phil40000

phil40000

Oct 29, 2011
    Skelton posted a pic of one of his DT knives up on Instagram. I politely tried to relay how 'bad form' this was in posting a known thief's wares. Jim deleted my post. He decided to publicly get involved and comment on the owed knives progress. He cannot just turn off his input now, when it suits. Skelton has a long history of ripping off forumites in his own right.

Lawfor, I tried to defend your honour as best I could. It is a hard task when the people you are up against have none.

Sounds like DT is giving Skelton a reacharound in between mutual tromboning sessions.

I was getting fed up looking at Skeltons crappy new Panerai anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    I personally can't stand Skelton, and find him a shill for misc knife makers that need pimped.

11. murderedsongbird

murderedsongbird

Apr 12, 2006
    I just checked his IG account and, man, is he getting railed on there. He even posted a sob story rant. When I checked, that post had over 160 comments, the majority of them calling him out.

12. 98GPF

98GPF

Feb 7, 2007
    That's his public account. He has another one that you have to be invited to see, but I don't know if he's active on that one either. I'm curious how he's spending his days.

13. RevDevil

RevDevil

Nov 9, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.