Round up those Cattle Knives!!

Nice Robeson, Paul. Do you know what shield is missing?

Here's a new pic for bumping this thread back up. #98 Ebony.
dI2YC8O.jpg

Excellent thread of cattle knives :thumbsup:..

I'd like to add this Shapleigh Hdw Cattle knife made by Empire Knife Co... 3 5/8" with faux wood grain celluloid and milled liners... the Alvord patented punch was the dead give-away that it was made by Empire (and indeed Empire made a fair amount of knives for Shapleigh in the early 1900s)...

3mKHb2c.jpg

PEVlCPn.jpg

z5M2YX2.jpg

Cheers - Lee

Here's a Hibbard Spencer Bartlett I recently acquired:
Hibbard Spencer Bartlett_1.jpg
@herder, I hope you don't mind my quoting you here, but I just love it when I've got an old knife, and someone finds and posts a catalog illustration showing what it looked like when new. :) Thank you.
r8shell, nice old H.S.B. cattle type knife. Here is a catalog illustration from 1914 showing that model. Would like to see it after you re-profile the blade.
bf-hibbard-cat-1914-jpg.963921

A Great Case, Mr. Fort!!:thumbsup:
A couple of nice Cattles, Mike!!:thumbsup: I'm going to guess the pearl was made by Ulster after they took over Ellenville.:rolleyes:

Cattle Knives are Cool! Those Mike my friend are Way Cool!:cool:
I know there are those out there that have Knives from The Original Case collection, Schrade etc..... to me that knife kinda needs documenting- I am sure that serious Knife collectors would huff when hearing me state this- but there will be a time in lets say, 80 to 100 years where this documentation will come into place of utmost importance- to me ....even now.

Good ideas, Duncan. I am so glad GEC keeps such good records! They will be appreciated down the road.
I have one Case Collection knife, from the time of Jim Parker. A lot of those knives are recorded, but in a haphazard manner!

I finally got a chance to take some decent photos of my Case green bone 6345½ cigar cattle knife. Note the unusual dagger-like pen blade.

aQiUKS5.jpg

FlfSUJc.jpg

Good looking knife Jeff, did the knife come with the pen blade like that from the factory?

Cattle Knives are Cool! Those Mike my friend are Way Cool!:cool:
I know there are those out there that have Knives from The Original Case collection, Schrade etc..... to me that knife kinda needs documenting- I am sure that serious Knife collectors would huff when hearing me state this- but there will be a time in lets say, 80 to 100 years where this documentation will come into place of utmost importance- to me ....even now.
Thanks for suggesting that Duncan. I asked the seller about this and got a certificate in the mail yesterday. :thumbsup:

Back