Round up those Cattle Knives!!

Four Line Camillus in Bone and a three Line Camillus in rose wood

Camillus%2520AACs%2520Closed.jpg

Camillus%2520AACs%2520Open.jpg

This cattle knife is marked Cattaraugus, but I suspect that it could be a parts knife. There is one brass liner instead of all nickel silver, and the punch has been replaced with a Hibbard, Spencer and Barlett punch. It may be that only the punch has been replaced sometime in the past. Blade wise, the main and the spey are identical to the Bridge knife except for the Cattaraugus stamps. Pieced together or not, I still love it, the dark brown is beautiful on the front and back, it is mechanically as sound as any knife that I own and I like the blades shapes and grinds as well. The overall shape sort of reminds me of a Utica. Utica may have made the Shapleigh and the Bridge for Shapeigh Hardware as well.
bNGRNRY.jpg

Pv5woBO.jpg

Tony Bose and Case literally call it a Cattle Knife! That's good enough for me.

We went through this on page 3 of this thread . Think the consensus was that serpentines can be cattle knives

Serpentines can be cattle knives but they must have a spear main, which would be called a premier cattle, which is a rare pattern. Calling the case bose a cattle knife is a pet name rather than the correct technical term, but it's a minor detail.

Back