Ruike Trekker and Criterion, what a SAK should be

You said these are what a SAK should be. That is a provocative statement, even if you didn't mean it as such.

Precisely. If a brand doesn't make exactly what I what, I don't assume it "should" have a different design philosophy...particularly if that brand is one of the most wildly successful, popular, and recognized brands on the planet.

No doubt we are all glad our friend enjoys his Ruike knives. I happen to enjoy and carry one of several Vics I own everyday.

But I don't think Ruike should be making Vics.

I take it Boker Plus Tech Tools are made by Ruike?

What does that have to do with this thread? Not locking, not one hand open either and no pocket clip. Looks fine, but not what I am looking for.

edit, I see in other pics it has a pocket clip. Like I said, still not everything in one package.

Have to laugh at the first review on the big river site.

"This knife is what the SAK could have been and should still try to be. What a great knife. I will be ordering a few more just because I like them that much"

What does that have to do with this thread? Not locking, not one hand open either and no pocket clip. Looks fine, but not what I am looking for.
Boker makes a Sac with a pocket clip , I have one.

"This knife is what the SAK could have been and should still try to be. What a great knife. I will be ordering a few more just because I like them that much"
Did you write it?

Chiral buys the clips and screws and puts them on the knives. This one did come from him.

Deservedly a classic. Love mine! Wasn’t the clip made by a well respected member here?

edit, I see in other pics it has a pocket clip. Like I said, still not everything in one package.
It has to do with the fact that you said SAKs should be like the Ruike. The similarity is more than obvious with the boker and the boker hasn't exactly taken any market share from Vic SAKs. Thus, Vic SAKs should be exactly what they are and Ruike should do what ever it is they are doing. SAKs hardly need to do what Ruike is doing, in fact, it appears the copying went the other way around.

Yes. They do have pocket clips. And they look very similar to the Ruike knives. I am asking if Boker contracted Ruike to make their Boker Plus Tech Tools line.

If that is OK with you.

This thread has been reported 5 times in the past 32 minutes :mad:... correction, 7 times.

This tit for tat W&C spill over in the general forums is going to stop one way or another, you all put a end to it or I will.

Amazon reviews in this hobby aren't exactly credible. I and most other people here like a SAK for being a SAK, not something else.

Edit to Add: And with that warning I am out. I will say that provocative thread titles and intolerance to most everyone else's opinions will rarely go well.

Why Vic should try to be Ruike, if you don't mind sharing?

What is wrong with Vic's design philosophy that they need to be Ruike? They have been in business for 134 years and had a 2014 revenue of about 540 million dollars US. They seem to be getting it right.

Edited to add: And I am also out also.

This is all that's needed, a good ol' Spartan

g0rxyah.jpg

Back