1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Ryuichi Kawamura Knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by cnas122, Jun 21, 2011.

1. CasePeanut

CasePeanut Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2018
    wow! did you correspond directly with him or through a dealer? I've seen enough of this thread that I want to get in line

2. rockman0

rockman0 Gold Member Gold Member

May 5, 2013
    Thanks cc

Thanks dc

Direct, he's easy to communicate with, wait time is reasonable, he shipped Friday and it arrived Wednesday. Here's a couple of more pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  3. Lhpanther

Lhpanther Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 2, 2014
    My goodness, that turned out nice! I lack a Lanny’s from Ryu. Just sayin ;)

rockman0 likes this.
  4. rockman0

May 5, 2013
    :D Thank you :thumbsup: as far as I know his books are open :)

5. dcpritch

dcpritch Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2018
    Did anyone mention how great this knife is?!

rockman0 likes this.
  6. rockman0

May 5, 2013
    It's so nice I ordered a gun hammer gun stock the day after I got it. ;)

dcpritch likes this.
  7. Pogonasong

Pogonasong Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Sorry if I'm overlooking the info but does anyone know what Ryu's books look like? It has to be over a year right?

8. SVTFreak

SVTFreak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 8, 2011
    Directly with him. He's very easy to talk to and a very nice and humble man.

Wow the color of that stag is amazing. Perfect.

Last I heard, it was about 6 months, but some depends on his father in laws health. Mine was originally to be 3 months but it ended up being about 10 due to that. That was about a year ago though and his popularity is rising. The one thing that scares some people is (of he hasn't changed his policy) he requires a bank transfer when the knife is complete to pay. So be prepared for that. Either way, it's well worth the wait.

After going to blade and playing with near every traditional makers knives out there, I will say this with confidence. Ryu is one of the best out there. His work is on par with any maker you can think of. Dare I say, better than many of the best. And to come from such a nice person, it's refreshing. After I get this hot rod project a little farther along, I will be ordering at least one more. I want a lockback and an improved trapper.

rockman0 likes this.
  9. The Shatz

The Shatz Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2017
    I just ordered one last month and was told 4 to 5 months

Pogonasong likes this.
  10. Pogonasong

Pogonasong Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 27, 2018
    Great info thank you very much! One positive aspect of the wait is I'll limit my purchases since I'll know my knife funds need to be high during a specific time frame.I think I'm placing an order!

11. ccsavage

ccsavage Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2014
    Ryu is great to work with and he does accept PayPal.

Pogonasong likes this.