SAKs & Other Knives - Carried Together

Dynamic Duo!! Add a Mora and you are set!! ;)
John :D
This one is for you John, closest thing I have to a Mora... for now! :)
3KIVhcQ.jpg

Thank you Pomsbz, curiosity got the best of me and in the end I was pleased with the results:)
The point is very useful. Possibly the way Case should be making all their sodbusters. :eek:

Cummon, don't leave us hanging..

3FwvaKw.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Cummon, don't leave us hanging..

Okay, then. I wasn't sure if I had posted this on the site, but apparently not, so...

These are multitools that I had acquired over years that got used until superseded by others when they were introduced to the market. My first was the Leatherman (#3), the one with the ring. I spotted it with a fellow during a camping weekend. He was using it to make some sort of fishing gizmo for his 9 year old son, and I was fascinated by its utility, especially the pliers. I picked one up shortly after coming home and proceeded to try it out on various projects. I loved the utility, but found it a bit awkward to use, especially the narrow metal that hurt my hand when squeezing hard. A folded hanky helped some on that, but really an inelegant solution. I could see the potential, though, so I replaced it with the Super Tool on the left (#1), which had all the implements I needed. It was good enough for the next few years, including self defense (never came to blows) even with the hanky trick. Then when Leatherman introduced the Micra (#2), I was all set for the little tools as well, and so it was for close to a decade.

Then came the Charge (#4), which finessed the minor annoyances I had with the ST, and was a regular companion for a number of years. When I thought I needed a beefier tool for heavier use, I acquired a Super Tool (#5). That was good for some little while, but the weight turned out to be a problem. At only a few ounces more than the ST, it was surprisingly heavy. Although only a trivial weight differences was involved, I was never not conscious of the weight difference. Then came a Rebar (#6), a more easily carried Leatherman, and my journey was now complete (I hope!). I have been carrying that for a couple of years now, never even noticed until needed for some purpose or another. That little P4 (upper right) turned out to have been a mistake that lives in my Leatherman box because I have been too lazy to sell it off. Besides, it is elegant, and I like elegant things. ;)

Next, when I get to it, my SAKs.

Last edited:
Back