Say a line from your favorite films and we’ll guess it.

True Grit. Great line.
:thumbsup: So were John Wayne's lines before and after that one. "I mean to kill you in one minute, Ned, or see you hanged in Fort Smith at Judge Parker's convenience. Which will it be?" And "Fill your hand, you son of a bitch!"

Last edited:
Here are a few from some of my favorite movies. Most are easy. Two are harder. I think all are catchy enough to be identifiable.) (No cheating please.)

“We each owe a death, there are no exceptions.”
- The Green Mile

“I ain’t got time to bleed” - correct by jlauffer (Predator)

“We didn’t exactly believe your story, Miss O’Shaughnessy. We believed your two hundred dollars.” (My tag line and my favorite movie) - correct by Prester John (The Maltese Falcon)

But Mortimer, you're going to love me for my mind, too!
One thing at a time!
- Arsenic and Old Lace w/Cary Grant

"What the hell are we supposed to use man?! Harsh language?!" Really? I thought this would be easy. - Aliens

“If it weren't for me, these people would think surreal was a breakfast food!” (Very Difficult- Lesser known movie based on Hemingway's ‘A Movable Feast’, but a fantastic line) Answer: The Moderns

“He’s honest and he’s got a heart.”
“Then it’s true what they say: opposites attract.”
A Cohen Bro’s. Gangster Movie with probably the best machine gun scene in moviedom. - Miller’s Crossing

Last edited:
Here are a few from some of my favorite movies. Most are easy. Two are harder. I think all are catchy enough to be identifiable.) (No cheating please.)

“We each owe a death, there are no exceptions.”

“I ain’t got time to bleed”

“We didn’t exactly believe your story, Miss O’Shaughnessy. We believed your two hundred dollars.” (My tag line and my favorite movie)

But Mortimer, you're going to love me for my mind, too!
One thing at a time!

"What the hell are we supposed to use man?! Harsh language?!"

“If it weren't for me, these people would think surreal was a breakfast food!” (Very Difficult- Lesser known movie based on Hemingway's "A Movable Feast", but a fantastic line) (Hint: Oiseau)

“He’s honest and he’s got a heart.”
“Then it’s true what they say. Opposites attract.
(Hint: “Nobody knows anybody. Not that well.” (Difficult)
Those are hard. Only one I recognized was the Bogart line (Miss O'Shaugnessy) from Maltese Falcon. Great movie. My favorite Bogie movie is Casablanca.

Heres a favorite of mine from a great movie.

"Were it not for my companion, I believe I would be having the time of my life"

"By the end of 2 years, I know this, that I didn't have the same enthusiasm as before. :( "

I wish I could watch this on Netflix but alas...

I confess, I was thinking of the Coppola version from 1992.. line delivered by Gary Oldman. Gracious of you to grant it. :)
Never saw that one. Watched some Cristopher Lee Draculas in the 60's and early 70's. I wonder if that line is in the book? I should read it.

Never saw that one. Watched some Cristopher Lee Draculas in the 60's and early 70's. I wonder if that line is in the book? I should read it.

I don't think you're missing much, unless maybe you're a Gary Oldman fan. I haven't watched it in years but I doubt it holds up.

Back