School me on pocket torches

If you want most of your check boxes and a work of art....You are rich or plan on being broke..... Google "Hanko Timascus". They are these prices on the resale market. I bought some and other brands like it new for much less. See, I am stupid though. I will not part with them. They are at least worth seeing.

Hello all! Thanks to all the friendly enablers here...I ended up with TOO many pocket torches. Haha.
I bought 5 over one weekend...jeez.
9DCEC68E-88C5-4873-BA29-E4ADA393255D.jpeg
left to right:
1. Fenix LD22 (been using this hunting for years)
2. Fenix LD30
3. Olight Mini Warrior
4. Manker E14III
5. Klarus Mi7
6. Acebeam TK16

F64F9322-FF5A-4368-B72D-83CD3651D66F.jpeg

I’m gonna skip on over the LD22 as it was not in my criteria and go straight for the Fenix LD30. The LD30 is super bright, and has great flood. The super white light isn’t my favorite, as it is hard to see detail, but is great for lighting up a full section of the bush at 150yrds.

The Olight MW is awesome, and my favorite from the bunch. It sees the most pocket time. It has the perfect balance of throw and flood for what I was looking for. The color is between the LD30 and the Manker...just right.

For the Manker E14III I opted for the more natural light LEDs and they are beautiful. It doesnt have as much beam distance or throw as the two previous, but objects look natural. My only beef with this light is that the on/off button jiggles and feels chincy to me. I opted to get the extended tube which is great length. The tube circumference is a downfall for me, as it is a touch too thick for pocket carry in my opinion.

The Klarus Mi7 is tiny and a perfect work carry. The light is ok...but again, this one’s on/off button is a pain in the butt to use. Especially with gloves on.

The Acebeam TK16 is awesome. Great beam, great throw, and good tube thickness. It is my second favorite, although if there was a longer tube option, I would be all over that, and it may become my favorite.

I want to thank all you folks for your advice, and especially Dadpool Dadpool for all your expert advice in PM’s. Sorry it took me so long to reply to this thread. I wanted to be able to get some use with all the lights before posting.

I got to see a LOT of lights based on everyone’s suggestions, and it is appreciated. Some were way out of my price range, and some just about perfect. That being said, I still haven’t found the perfect light, and if they are anything like knives...I doubt I ever will.

Thanks again folks! You all lit up my world! Ahahahahaha!!
Have a good week!

Last edited:
For anyone looking at buying pocket lights...this thread has a ton of killer information. Give it a read. :) I learned a ton.

That's a killer crop of lights! Nicely done. :)

Thank you, Sir. Couldn’t have picked them out without contemplating all your fantastic info. I was looking at $500+ lights...and it was overwhelming, so I thought “how many decent lights could I try out for $500-.” Those are what I came up with. :)

Ya...I heard Vihn’s stuff is awesome. Bit pricey for me, as there are a lot more knives to buy. Haha.
I could just see myself accidentally catching my pocket on fire with that one...cuts are enough, I don’t need burns too. Haha. ;)

Some of them are pretty reasonably priced...coming from someone that admits to having spent over $300 on a pocket knife.
I think I've only spent over $200 on one light... I generally go for lights that are easy/convenient to carry with me; and, once you break the mindset that $25 is too much for a light, getting to $150 is easy. Just like with knives :D

I just ordered a Thrunite T1. For only $32.27 shipped I figure I can't go wrong. 1500 lumen burst, 685 lumen high for 65 minutes, infinitely variable between 15 and 685, plus a "moonlight". I like that the clip allows almost the entire light to carry within the pocket without a large amount sticking out. I'm still interested in something nicer/longer/brighter/higher capacity, possibly to use as a bike light, but that'll have to come from another paycheck.

Back