Seattle/Western Washington Knife Knuts?

Okay, now we know the dates and just have to come up with the day/time/'where' in the show to meet. I'll email UW Mitch and Bruce since they haven't chimed in to see if they are interested. Anyone know of any other members we should contact? I think there was another person from Vancouver that posted on the 'Make a Friend' thread.
Shawn

Shawn,

I'm here, following the thread...I've just been really busy with the end of the school year. I'll hopefully be down for the Tacoma show.

~Mitch

Sunday afternoon/evening does NOT work for me. Other than that my schedule is pretty much open.

Saturday works better for me as well...... Any preferences on time? When do they usually start? 9:00 am? Also, where to meet? I plan on ordering a BFC hat but don't know if it will be done before the show? Any ideas? Maybe we can talk Mike/Spark into 'sponsoring' our get together with a hat each?
wink.gif
Everyone chime in with their preferences.......
Shawn

Flannel with metal studs, on capitol hill.. Seriously, though, I've no idea how we should all identify ourselves..?

Count me in! I'm over here in Aberdeen, near the coast...(The home of Curt Cobain (Nirvana)).

The knife show in Tacoma sounds good to me to meet some other "knife people".
smile.gif
Saturday is a good day for me.

Feel free to e-mail me or ICQ me (53675662) if ya want to chat, and let me know about "meeting plans"...
OK?

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
Glockman99@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by glockman99 (edited 06-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by glockman99 (edited 06-18-2000).]

Sounds like a party.....! Everyone keep an eye here and we'll get it planned. I have Friday PM off so I'm in! Anyone have any ideas about place to meet? Time? Any more info about the show? I have made a couple calls to Chamber Of Commerce but gotten nothing but a couple transfers to voice mail that never bore fruit. I will call a Dealer from near Seattle and maybe they will have info? How about........ Everyone shave their head except for a little round spot on the back like a Krishna? I was gonna say we could drive a porcupine quill through our nose but Tacoma is a bit tooooo close to Seattle for that to be a sure deal.
wink.gif

Shawn

I'm in...

Now, what to wear? Oh, i know, a knife! ;e

Does anybody here know what any of us look like already? I know what Glockman99 looks like, and he know's what i look like so there will be at least 2 people that will find eachother. ;e

------------------
Reality always takes precedence.

Hmmmmmmmm......... Got the e-address of a maker who's supposed to be there and sent him an email for additional info like time, vendors planned, etc. Maybe if we can find out a maker/vendor who will 'definitely' be there we could get their table number and plan to meet there at a certain time? Getting down to the wire so anyone with any specifics post 'em........ Does it start Friday or strictly Sat/Sun? Times? Where to meet? I'm there, just need to get some things organized.
Shawn

------------------
I have a high art: I hurt with cruelty
those who wound me.
Archliochus, 650 B.C.

Dang, I'll walk around the knife show with a sign on my back that says "I'm a member of Blade Forums", if that's what it'll take!.
rolleyes.gif

SOMEONE has to have a better way of us all getting together at the Tacoma Knife-Show this week-end (Saturday?), and knowing who we all are...
smile.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
Glockman99@hotmail.com

Everybody wear a black baseball cap worn backwards, Ken Griffey Jr. style. That's my plan, keep an eye out for me.

Here's the skinny:

Talked to Larry Hogan who is the organizer of this show and the 'soon to be President' of the 'newly resurrected' Northwest Knife Collectors Club. He said there will be about 48 vendors most of which will be Custom Makers, a Knife Sharpening Guru, and various Miscellaneous Vendors. He said this is their 3rd Show this year and they plan on having more as things progress. He said that the person who started NWKC before has retired/died and let things go at the end so he has purchased the name and is going to revive the Club with bylaws and the works in the very near future. He said the first order of business will be to print a Newsletter which will let everyone know of the goings on here in the Northwest. Dues will be $15 (for the year I believe but didn't clarify) for anyone interested and you can pay at the show. The Show will be $3 per person to get in (didn't ask if there was a break for kids though??). The Show is at 'Freight House Square' which is behind the 'Tacoma Dome'. The room they will be in is called the 'Phoenix' room. This room is at the Easternmost end of the building. He said it is a BIG LIGHT GREEN building so if you get close you can't miss it. Times are Saturday 9-6/Sun 9-3.

Directions: (Loose directions so don't hold me to the letter on this) From I-5, Take 'City Center/Tacoma Dome' Exit and stay to the Right, Take the turn/curve which goes to the Tacoma Dome, Go down to 26th Street and take a Right, Proceed to the next Light and there will be a Light Green Building to your Right, Proceed to the Easternmost end to the 'Phoenix' room.

*Any locals please verify my directions or give any additional info you may have.

So, that leaves us with TIME/HOW TO MEET....... Kind of a smaller Show from his description so not sure it would take all day. Anyone have an idea WHEN to meet? Descriptions of us will have to suffice to bring us together........ Velitrius will have the Backward Black Hat, I will be wearing a BIG DOG shirt that says BAD DOG on the back and a BIG DOG hat (sorry V, don't have a black one....). The hat and shirt fit my general description so probably not gonna be tough to find me..........
wink.gif

Any other ideas? Anyone know a good Sports Bar nearby in case we need to 'continue' our meeting?
biggrin.gif

Hope to see a lot of you there!
Shawn

There are lots of bars in Tacoma. Unfortunately most of the dives I used to frequent have since been closed down, probably due to health reasons...

I don't have a baseball cap, so look for a short asian chick in a black coat, probably walking around with one or more tall dorky blonde guys, one of which will probably be saying, "You spent _how much_ on that?"...

See you all there!

I'll be there on Saturday. I'll be easy to find, as Tazz10m and I will be walking around together laughing at all the folks spending WAY TOO MUCH money on all those "custom" knives.
rolleyes.gif
smile.gif

I'll be wearing a light grey "polo" shirt that says "Grays Harbor College Staff", and Levi blue jeans. (No backwards black BB cap, 'tho...I DON'T wanna be mistaken for a gang-banger!). I weigh 240 lbs, am 5'11", have dark brown hair, and a brown/reddish mustache.

I'll more than likely have a few knives stuck in my waist-band, looking for "trades"...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Dann Fassnacht
Aberdeen, WA
glockman99@hotmail.com
ICQ# 53675663

[This message has been edited by glockman99 (edited 06-23-2000).]

Hmmmmm......... Now THAT is a good point! What will everyone be bringing for trades? I have a BM730BTS in pristine condition that is a possible........ Box full of HSN stuff but would have a tough time getting you guys to even pay the $2 I have invested in each. Time for an inventory check! Anyone else packing trade fodder?
Shawn

I talked to some of the former bar owners down that-a-way. They said the health inspector would have let 'em slide had there not been some "short asian chick" dancing on the tables at the time he inspected.
wink.gif

I have a suggestion, we ask when we get there we find out what the closest bar is and go there. Then, if no knife knuts are present at the show when they get there, all somewone has to do is go to the closest bar.

Hell Yeah, Shawn! I'll be a-bringin' some stuff to trade off. Wouldn't have it any other way. Everybody pack something you don't want and I bet somebody can go home with something they do want.

Back