Sebenza Large or Small?

I’m wanting to take the plunge and get my first Sebenza, but I’m wondering how small the small is. Just reading the dimensions, the large sounds huge, but I was wanting to get some feedback. Previous EDCs have been PM2, 0450, and the mini Griptillian. Thanks!

I prefer the large. I have one small and it never gets carried. The small is about the same size as your mini grip and the large is about the same size as your pm2

I’ll add that I would fine the large to be too unwieldy for just pocket carry. If you plan on any pocket carry (not clipping it to the outside) do not get the large. However, some guys like the large to ride along side a wallet or phone…..I have never been comfortable with that.

I've always enjoyed the large, but I carry a small 21 daily. Can't go wrong with either one.

Any response in a thread like this is gonna be about as subjective as it comes. But I personally like the small. It's just big enough for me to put to work on more serious tasks but small enough in my hand for more detailed work which is what I do most of the time. I also find it more comfortable in pocket than knives comparable in size to the large. Of course, this opinion will vary from individual to individual. At least you have the luxury of having comparatively sized knives to help make a decision. The small is slightly larger than the Mini Griptillian while the large is more comparable to the PM2.

I prefer larges and clip them in my pocket daily without problem. I keep a small in a leather slip at the bottom of the same pocket in my jeans. No issues. Love my larges, but I also live in a state where knife laws are super friendly. If I'm going to be in a less knife friendly area, I have a small that I clip to the pocket.

If the 0450 and miniGrip are your size, the small Sebenza will fit right in.
Even though the closed length of the Small is about a half inch less than the 0450, usable grip space is about the same. The 0450 has a bit longer blade, but the Small is a way better cutter due to grind.

I really think the Small Sebenza is miraculous engineering. It handles like lots of knives quite a bit larger.

The Large Sebenza is a full sized knife. The PM2 analogy is a good one, except it’s not as big a pocket hog and there’s considerably more usable cutting edge.

I’m glad I have both, but if I could have only one, it would be the Small, & here‘s why:
There are lots of good knives in the size range of the Large Sebenza. When it comes to the Small Sebenza, there’s nothing in the size range (excepting the Inkosi) that even comes close.
Just my opinion, of course.

I’m wanting to take the plunge and get my first Sebenza, but I’m wondering how small the small is. Just reading the dimensions, the large sounds huge, but I was wanting to get some feedback. Previous EDCs have been PM2, 0450, and the mini Griptillian. Thanks!

The Large Sebenza is about the same size as a PM2. It's not huge by any non-Karen standards. I got rid of a small Seb because it was ... too small.

Back