Shaman sprint run?

Wish I had gotten in on a pre-order even though they are hit or miss.

I recommend people don't stress out too much yet because from what I've been told today is a day that Spyderco will actually be letting the Distributors know how many They will receive.

Like it has been said before only the premier's & collectors have been sent out so don't go paying 300 plus dollars on the Forum or Ebay yet because the majority of these knives haven't even been shipped yet.

Not only that some of the Distributors will just be sending out emails and or posting them up for sale without a pre-order.

Last edited:
Mail call today :D:D

This Micarta Cruwear Shaman definitely lives up to the hype! Love the Micarta and the color is perfect. The Micarta will break-in and show some nice deeper colors when used.
Damn, mine came crazy sharp, like hair popping, just touch it to some arm hair and pops it right off :eek: Sweet mercy, Golden does some superb work.
Was able to grab one up from a Mom & Pop Store for regular price :)
And if my KC preorder goes through, that will make for two :thumbsup:
This variant of Shaman with Micarta and Cruwear will make for a fantastic daily user.

Last edited:
Whelp, Looks like Bento Box is going for the full price :eek:
They price gouging or just trying to scrape a little extra off the top?
You can see they sold the CF at the discounted rate.

E632EA21-57DF-40B6-AEA8-5D1157FDE06F.jpeg

Last edited:
Did anyone snag one from DLT Trading today? I got an email at 10:17 AM Pacific today and as soon as I got it at the same time, I clicked on the link, it was showing as OUT-OF-STOCK already :rolleyes:

I'm so over this knife and should my pre-order from KC happen, I will just send it to @grogimus

Did anyone snag one from DLT Trading today? I got an email at 10:17 AM Pacific today and as soon as I got it at the same time, I clicked on the link, it was showing as OUT-OF-STOCK already :rolleyes:

I'm so over this knife and should my pre-order from KC happen, I will just send it to @grogimus
The two tiered premiere dealer early release has built up a lot of hype and has me more than a little frustrated. Has this always been a thing?

I was one of the early proponents of this knife...but since I already have the M4 version, (and have a couple of other pieces with Cru-Wear blades in my personal group of Spydercos), I haven't even bothered to pursue this offering.

(Some of which is due in part to my feeling sympathetic to those frustrated by the inability to get one...though I think it is unhealthy to become obsessed with the purchase of this or any other knife. It won't change your life and it probably won't cut any better than other Spyderco knives you already own. But I get it.)

I was one of the early proponents of this knife...but since I already have the M4 version, (and have a couple of other pieces with Cru-Wear blades in my personal group of Spydercos), I haven't even bothered to pursue this offering.

(Some of which is due in part to my feeling sympathetic to those frustrated by the inability to get one...though I think it is unhealthy to become obsessed with the purchase of this or any other knife. It won't change your life and it probably won't cut any better than other Spyderco knives you already own. But I get it.)

Same sentiments here after scoring the CF/S90V version which must be back in stock at some dealers, despite its super slippery and sleek handles.

Yeah they can keep it for $320.

There's still BHQ and a couple other possibilities. If I can't get one from them. Oh well, there will be others.

Ha! Now this is rich. I actually contacted DLT yesterday to get a rough heads up on when they would show up and was explicitly told that they did not even have the tracking info from Spyderco yet. I was told they definitely would not drop until next week at the earliest. At this point this is more a hilarious waste of time than anything. It is not like I would have gotten one guaranteed if I’d known the minute they would go live.

The overwhelming interest in this release should guarantee several future releases of dealer specials and what have you of similar Shamans, so I think I will wait until one of the future runs, even though I really would like to try this one. Until then, I guess I'll just have to get by with one of my 2 dozen other Sydercoso... ;-)

This knife is quickly becoming Excalibur to some lol.

I have a pre order with KC but doubt it gets filled.

I find that interesting because there are a handful of other Spydies which I would never give up in exchange for this particular pattern and steel.

Flippers are on these like stink on shit.

It’s too bad because these knives would make great EDC’s for most people considering they steel and scales are user friendly.
If I got one of these, I’d actually consider not carrying my FK2(UFK) everyday because this knife is a beast.

Flippers are on these like stink on shit.

It’s too bad because these knives would make great EDC’s for most people considering they steel and scales are user friendly.
If I got one of these, I’d actually consider not carrying my FK2(UFK) everyday because this knife is a beast.

My job dictates that I sit by my computer most of the day, as you may well know. I clicked onto the email alert link not even within 5 seconds of receiving it and whatever that they had, well, was not there anymore. Either this was an aberrant email alert or by the time it was my turn to get the email, the Cru-Carta hunters had already slayed them! At least the last time, I managed to pout it in my cart before I got skunked (SMKW).

Untouched and not in my hands, I would agree that this model may be the FK/FK2 substitute for a folder EDC, but I am tru to my word that if I should get my pre-order honored, I will offer to Grog but I am not going to chase this shyte anymore!

I have a pre order with KC but doubt it gets filled.

It is for some. It's the most ideal materials on one of my favorite platforms to be a working knife at an affordable price.

I know everybody wants one now but if Sal sees what's going on here. I think if you did a standard run along these lines he would make a lot of money and a lot of people happy at the same time.

Now you can stare at mine!

20191023_094223.jpg

It is for some. It's the most ideal materials on one of my favorite platforms to be a working knife at an affordable price.

I know everybody wants one now but if Sal sees what's going on here. I think if you did a standard run along these lines he would make a lot of money and a lot of people happy at the same time.

Now you can stare at mine!

View attachment 1219081
These would be easy money just like the Maxamet Paramilitary 2 and Para 3, but much easier to produce.

My job dictates that I sit by my computer most of the day, as you may well know. I clicked onto the email alert link not even within 5 seconds of receiving it and whatever that they had, well, was not there anymore. Either this was an aberrant email alert or by the time it was my turn to get the email, the Cru-Carta hunters had already slayed them! At least the last time, I managed to pout it in my cart before I got skunked (SMKW).

Untouched and not in my hands, I would agree that this model may be the FK/FK2 substitute for a folder EDC, but I am tru to my word that if I should get my pre-order honored, I will offer to Grog but I am not going to chase this shyte anymore!
I’m hoping KC comes through with their preorder, but I’m not holding my breath.

I’m hoping KC comes through with their preorder, but I’m not holding my breath.

I dunno where you are in that queue but IIRC, I placed mine late in the eve of 9/24 and then the next AM, poof the option was gone.

Back