Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

@ScottGallagher04 The PINNACLE of ABS Mastersmith testing is the legendary 'European Quillon Dagger" with fluted handle and gold twisted wire.⁠

Here is Scott's submission which garnered his MS ranking in the past month.⁠

He sent it to me wrapped in a delicate purple fabric. That was an omen. I used it. ⁠

Gallagher_210422B copy.jpgGallagher_210422C copy.jpg

By the way....

I want to THANK all of the viewers here on Bladeforums, who quietly admire these images from afar. I see YOU!

This thread, has now THREE MILLION VIEWS and growing. The current forum software doesn't give an exact count anymore (Tips to see this? LMK.)

It's the most viewed thread in C&HK by a longshot. Most/all of this was supported by my past posts, and we now can't view them because of the Fototime crash. Sorry...

However, I am continuing posting through the Bladeforums software, and it continues to grow.

It is EASY for me to copy from my posts on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter and post here as well. I simply made a set of actions in Photoshop to reduce the image size and file size to acceptable postable limits. It's NOT 100% best quality visual, but it's here. Only visual deterioration would be on a BIG hi-res monitor.

I celebrate the MAKERS who depend on me to show the world their work. This is my obligation, and YOU FOLKS validate what I do.

Thank you Spark Spark , and thank you Bladeforums viewers.

Coop

How SWEET it is! Bill Kennedy Jr. hails from the midwest USA and sure knows how to please.⁠

He's got a small IG presence @billkennedy63
www.billkennedyjrknives.com⁠

Knife: Dress Slipjoint Folder⁠
Model: Full size 2 blade trapper⁠
BL/OAL: 3' blade 7.25" OAL⁠
Material: Damasteel⁠
Forged_by: Damasteel Munin pattern⁠
Bolster: 410 SST intrical⁠
Handle: Mammoth tooth⁠
Frame: 410 integral⁠

Kennedy_210428 copy.jpg

'Day of the River' @PaulDistefanoKnives carved and created this *amazingly* beautiful Bowie with inspirations. Read on:⁠

Model: 'Day of the River'⁠
BL/OAL: 13" blade. 19" overall⁠
Material: Mosaic damascus⁠
Forged_by: Paul DiStefano⁠
Bolster: Blackened mild steel with gold⁠
Handle: African Blackwood⁠
Knife Comments: This piece is titled 'Day of the River'. Named after a song by composer Joe Hisaishi.⁠

This piece features a mosaic damascus blade with loose forms of dragonflies. The back bar is carved to represent the chatter of what it's like being near a river. The handle carving features scenes of gentle flowing rivers and most notably the legend of the koi fish who after 100 years of perseverance has reached the top of the waterfall and was turned into a golden dragon as a reward from the gods. Represented in the golden wings of the knife guard⁠

Distefano_210421B.jpg

Look close: What do you see? NOTHING! @CMFMetalworks and a *difficult* hidden hardware folder.⁠

It looks so natural and clean.⁠

Maker: Ian Alexander Tyson-Pickarski⁠

Model: Paladin⁠
BL/OAL: 3.5/8.25⁠
Material: XHP Straight core Microwave San Mai⁠
Forged_by: Mike Norris⁠
Bolster: Black Timascus⁠
Handle: Paper Westinghouse⁠
Frame: Titanium⁠
Knife Comments: This a fully hidden hardware iteration of my newest model, the 'Paladin'. It features Black timascus Bolsters and a Dark ti clip, with Paper Westinghouse scales and spacer. The blade is Norris XHP core San Mai, with a low profile flipper, and black Ti thumbstuds.

Pickarski_210403 copy.jpg

MasterSMITH ! @ScottGallagher04 passed with this submission. Here's a closer look.⁠

That complex steel speaks LOUDLY!⁠

Knife: Fixed Bowie⁠
BL/OAL: 9.5" / 15"⁠
Material: mosaic damascus⁠
Forged_by: Maker⁠
Bolster: mosaic damascus⁠
Handle: artifact walrus ivory⁠
Knife Comments: mosaic damascus butt cap⁠
Gallagher_210422D copy.jpg

Mad SKILLZ! @KC_Gray_Knives shows his versatility with a pair of *outstandingly* complex folders.⁠

1: Model: Q.A.R. (Queen Anne's Revenge)⁠
BL/OAL: 3.5" / 9"⁠
Material: CPM 154⁠
Bolster: Raindrop damascus⁠
Handle: Lava Fatcarbon⁠

2: Model: Cetacean⁠
BL/OAL: 3" / 6.5"⁠
Material: Elmax⁠
Bolster: Satin blasted titanium⁠
Handle: Mammoth tooth⁠
Knife Comments: Opalescent anodized Timascus clip
GrayKC_210428A.jpgGrayKC_210428C.jpg

UPRIGHT magnificent! @KellyVermeerVella.Knives is making heads turn. She's on everyone's radar for her meteoric rise in skill and popularity. ⁠

Today a Journey Smith. Expect that to grow!⁠

Working in the forge with John Horrigan, MS: @insoftregionsarebornsoftmen

BL/OAL: 9" 15"⁠
Material: 1080 and 15n20 6 bar Turkish twist⁠
Forged_by: Maker and John Horrigan⁠
Bolster: Damascus and Titanium⁠
Handle: Mammoth ivory⁠
Frame: Damascus and titanium⁠
Knife Comments: Take down⁠

Vella_210502B.jpg

My, my... MY! *Sole Authorship Maker* @DwayneDushane gives us refreshing pause.⁠

Model: Eclipse⁠
BL/OAL: 2-13/16"⁠
Material: Mosaic⁠
Forged_by: Dwayne Dushane⁠
Bolster: Mosaic Damascus forged by Maker⁠
Handle: Mastodon Ivory⁠
Knife Comments: 24kt gold inlays on bolsters⁠

Dushane_210428.jpg

Whoa! Koa! What is it about this colorful wood which is SO appealing? @KellyVermeerVella.knives knows this, and show us how she gets it DONE!⁠

NOW look at her forged steel! ⁠
#ForgedInFireChampion

Knife: Fixed Fighter⁠
Model: Old Rugged Cross⁠
BL/OAL: 7.5" / 13"⁠
Material: 1075&15n20⁠
Forged_by: Maker⁠
Bolster: Damascus⁠
Handle: Koa⁠

Vella_210502C.jpg

Harlan 'Sid' Suidmeier is a veteran maker of renown in the USA. (He was the proprietor of 'Little Giant' power hammers as a past career.)⁠

He has made an auction Bowie for the 'Ducks Unlimited' organization for MANY years. Here is his 1987 submission, which he re-acquired and sent to me for posterity visuals.⁠

What a substantial fighter! 11" blade of 440c, sambar stag, and nickel silver fittings.⁠

Suidmeier_210504.jpg

Dang Coop!!!!

Feel better...and listen to your surgeon:thumbsup:

Bill

So... Some of you have heard through my post on IG last week, that I took a NASTY fall on a bike ride and broke my hip joint. Two hospitals, six days, a team of eight surgeons and ten pins in a plate, and I'm pieced back together.

It's a different Summer than I envisioned. I HAD to cancel our return to the 2021 Blade Show. I can't be on my feet one hour with crutches, much less ten for three days.....

I am scheduled to go to Blade Show West and the Arkansas Show as they develop.

I got a LINE of my local friends and family standing by to help as needed. ALL I need it time to heal.

The LOSS of opportunity to capture images at The Blade Show is disappointing, yet will pass. I won't lose my stature.

I continue to work out of my studio in Norwalk, CT. (I have paused new work for two weeks as I recover physically.)

Thanks to ALL for the support and well wishes. I have NEVER gotten so many support responses on IG for my announcement post (280!)

Thoughts and prayers work: I'm doing GREAT! Thank you.

Jim

Side-by-Side taillocks! 👀 @GreatRiverForge Keith Johnson takes this CLASSIC release to the next level.⁠

Keith called and showed Ron @LakeKnives himself and Ron absolutely LOVED it! Then they chatted about food. (Ron is an expert chef!)⁠

I was VERY impressed with this build.⁠

Model: Side By Side Tail Lock Trapper⁠
BL/OAL: 3" blade, 6.75" OAL⁠
Material: CTS-XHP⁠
Bolster: 416 stainless⁠
Handle: Bone⁠
Frame: 416 stainless integral frame/bolsters⁠
Knife Comments: Bone scales jigged and dyed by me. To the best of my knowledge this the first side by side tail lock folder.⁠

JohnsonK_210511.jpg

'Turkish' Twist steel on an American Bowie! @KellyVermeerVella.Knives earned her JS stamp and is clawing her way up to prominence.⁠

Look at those proportions. SO correct!⁠

Knife: Fixed Bowie⁠
BL/OAL: 11" / 16.5"⁠
Material: 1080 & 15n20 6 bar Turkish twist⁠
Forged_by: Kelly and John Horrigan, MS⁠
Bolster: Damascus⁠
Handle: Mammoth ivory⁠
Frame: Damascus⁠

Vella_210502A.jpg

Back