Photos SharpByCoop's Gallery of Handmade Knives

Award-winning maker Brian Nadeau @SharpByDesign knows what WE like and *delivers*!⁠

This Tempest trio shows his versatility within a single model. It also displays his enviable machining skills!⁠

Model: Tempest⁠
BL/OAL: 4"⁠
Material: NitroV, VegasForge Stainless Damascus⁠
Frame: Titanium, Zirconium and AKS Timascus⁠
Comments: 2 are standard flippers, 1 is the front flipper version.⁠

Nadeau_210317_1000.jpg

*Exceptional* beauty and skills! @BroadwellStudios and @Ray.Cover collaborate on one of the FINEST daggers I have ever handled.⁠

SWIPE-->

From David Broadwell: ⁠

Knife: Fixed Dagger⁠
Model: Art Deco Egyptian Revival⁠
BL/OAL: 11" / 16"⁠
Material: Mosaic damascus⁠
Forged_by: @DavidLisch
Bolster: Bronze with damascus accents⁠
Handle: Stainless steel⁠
Frame: Bronze⁠
Comments: I have had the vision of an Art Deco dagger for several years. There was much discussion with Ray Cover, and after hearing my idea for the Egyptian head studies, he formulated the plan on how to make them. Eventually I just told him to do whatever he wanted. We've always worked well that way. ⁠

Ray Cover engraved the scales and frame, and inlaid them in fine gold, platinum, and copper. Ray then created the multi piece head studies on the sides of the guard in rose gold, yellow gold, and zirconium.⁠

This knife represents some of the most complex work we have done together.⁠

^^ I would agree!⁠

Broadwell_Cover_210318.jpg

Points WELL taken! @mjaynes.knives has a versatile lineup with these *incredibly useful* small fixed blades.⁠

All of them in W2 steel.⁠

SWIPE--> to see the kydex work sheaths.⁠

Model: Multi-Tool Dagger⁠
BL/OAL: 2-1/8" / 6-5/8"⁠
Handle: G-10⁠

Model: EDC Boot Dagger⁠
BL/OAL: 3" / 7-3/8"⁠
Handle: Black Richlite/ Marbled Carbon Fiber/ Aluminum and Black Fiber Liners/ Micarta Pins/ SS Lanyard Tube⁠

Model: EDC Boot Dagger⁠
BL/OAL: 3" / 7-3/8"⁠
Handle: Black Palm Wood/ G-10⁠

Jaynes_210326 copy.jpg
Jaynes_210326B copy.jpg

Yes. Exactly! @MardiM13 Mardi Meshejian nails the Scottish 'Sgian Dubh' ankle knife.⁠

Mardi is RENOWNED for his unorthodox builds, and yet he paints inside the lines for this skillful gem!⁠

Note: Sgian dubh literally means ‘dark (dubh) knife (sgian)’ in Scots Gaelic. The ‘dubh’ refers to its secretive, hidden nature, rather than its physical colour. The idea was to have a small, hidden knife that could be used if you’d been disarmed, or had surrendered your arms at a meeting.⁠

Model: Sgian Dubh⁠
BL/OAL: 6" / 10 "⁠
Material: 1080/15n20 Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Mardi Meshejian, JS⁠
Bolster: Copper⁠
Handle: Bloodwood Handle & sheath⁠

Meshejian_210329B copy.jpg

BAM! Renowned maker John H. Davis takes charge with his dress Tactical folder.⁠

www.custom-knifemaker.com⁠

Knife: Dress Tactical Folder⁠
Model: Mammoth Flipper⁠
BL/OAL: 3-3/4" inches⁠
Material: Damascus - 1095/15N20⁠
Forged_by: John H Davis⁠
Bolster: Starburst Damascus - by Maker⁠
Handle: Mammoth Tooth⁠
Frame: Titanium 0.080⁠
Sheath: Belt pouch sheath by maker⁠
Knife Comments: Ball Bearing action pivot - All work done by maker only⁠

DavisJH_210324 copy.jpg

@Kirby_Lambert ??!!! Damn. 'Sushi Knife' and scabbard.⁠

Kirby ALWAYS impresses, yet for his dependable folders. Hold on now--not so limiting!⁠

Model: Sushi knife⁠
BL/OAL: Blade Length - 10.5" / 16.25"⁠
Material: W2 w/hamon⁠
Bolster: Carbon fibre end caps⁠
Handle: Bog oak handle⁠
Scabbard: Material: Alder⁠
Knife Comments: Ivory white #Carboquartz collars. ⁠
Mekugi pin: micarta ⁠
Japanese writing on the scabbard is my name and date made.

Lambert_210331 copy.jpg

WILD! This 'friction folder' from @MardiM13 speaks BOLD artistry.⁠

Copper and Carbon fiber. WHODATHUNK.⁠

Facebook: Mardi Meshejian⁠
ABS/Guild: ABS journeyman smith⁠
Knife: Dress Friction Folder⁠
BL/OAL: 3 1/4" / 5 1/2"⁠
Material: 1080/15n20 Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Mardi Meshejian⁠
Handle: Copper & Marbled carbon fiber⁠
Frame: Liners - titanium⁠

Meshejian_210329A.jpg

Let's get SERIOUS! Mareko @MaumasiFireArts is renowned in our world. 'Maelstrom Damascus' is a compelling reason why. ⁠

THAT and his exemplary handle treatments. Uberclean.⁠

Model: Gyuto Chef's Knife⁠
BL: 10"⁠
Material: Maelstrom mosaic damascus⁠
Forged_by: Mareko Maumasi⁠
Bolster: Integral guard from Maelstrom Damascus⁠
Handle: Redwood Burl, Faceted-Western handle⁠
Knife Comments: This 254mm Gyuto is forged from "Maelstrom" mosaic damascus and features a forged integral bolster and recurve heel that measures 60mm tall. Accented by black G10 and bronze spacers, this knife features a faceted western handle sculpted from beautifully figured Redwood burl.⁠

Maumasi_210331 copy.jpg

'Lanny's Clips' like you have never seen! @Darriel_Caston (D-Rocket Design) is *at his best* when he is SURPRISING our senses!⁠

Knife: Dress Slipjoint Folder⁠
Model: Slipjoint / Lannys Clip⁠
BL/OAL: 2" cutting edge⁠
Material: Vegas Forge Damascus⁠
Handle: Titanium⁠

"Make it FUN!" he asked. Yes SIR!⁠

Caston_210402.jpg

Coop, as a practical matter, I don’t do Damascus and/or strait knives or even Carbon steel, but you’re killing me with the artistry and the beauty of the “wall hangers?”!

That's a hell of a bunch right there!! So happy that you are posting here again....

Thank you guys. I have to keep the images below 500kb and 1000 pixels wide but that's doable.

So far, BLADEFORUMS as my picture host, is working out. I do not want/need to go external, if avoidable.

Such a shame the bulk is gone. But such fine quality photographs are still top quality even at 500kb. Always admired your work sir. Thanks for such generous sharing!

*Double* the pleasure, double the WANT! Mike @obrien_symmetricals delivers.⁠

Read his information:⁠

Knife: Fixed Dagger⁠
Model: model 37 & 38⁠
BL/OAL: 6 / 11.375 #37
BL/OAL: 5.75 / 10.625 #38
Material: cpm-154⁠
Bolster: 416 hand rubbed⁠
Handle: stabilized black ash, stabilized spalted oak⁠
Knife Comments: I strive for good lines and proportions ( one defines the other) ? in every knife I make. No flash or toy factor, but hopefully simple beauty.⁠

Obrien_210403.jpg

It's MORE than you see....! @CarothersPerformance engineered a MOST complicated grind into this diminutive workhorse.⁠

Read his descriptions. ⁠

It gets BETTER: @jg.on.ig Jill Gregory simply CLOBBERED the sheathmaking challenge! SO good!⁠

Model: Boot Dagger⁠
BL/OAL: 4.438"/8.69"⁠
Material: Crucible CPM-3v with Delta heat treat⁠
Handle: black micarta⁠
Sheath: Jill Gregory⁠
Knife Comments: The grind starts out as a severe hollow grind at the plunge. It is a 1 1/2" radius there (3" hollow grind) but grows in diameter becoming a flat grind at the point. Also, the grind is twisted becoming more obtuse at the point to create a reinforced point. Otherwise the tip of a deep grind like this is extremely weak. My point is very strong. The goal with this design was to create a very sharp double edge straight razor geometry at the plunge with a stout armor piercing point reinforced with a strong center rib that runs the length of the dagger. This dagger will shave the hair off a fly and also defeat Kevlar body armor.⁠

Carothers_Gregory_210403A copy.jpg Carothers_Gregory_210403B copy.jpg

Parkinson_Damasteel_210323A-copy.jpg What's cooking??! @SwordMatt Parkinson, JS impresses ALL with his captivating Chef's Knives.⁠

These particular ones are being offered in the @DamasteelAB invitational show on April 24th.⁠

All are available. Follow Matt to see how....⁠

Facebook: Dragons Breath Forge⁠

FINE 'Texas Trapper'! The dependable Stan @SBuzekKnives is a veteran maker whose work is ALWAYS satisfying to handle. Add in @AliceCarterEngraver and it's ROCK solid Lone Star!⁠

Model: Texas Trapper⁠
BL/OAL: 3-1/2"⁠
Material: Randy Haas "Reverb" pattern⁠
Forged_by: Randy Haas @HHHKnives
Bolster: 416 stainless integral liners and bolsters⁠
Handle: Bark Mammoth Ivory⁠
Frame: 416⁠
Knife Comments: Fileworked spine⁠

Buzek_Carter_210403.jpg

'Fortitude' This *transcending* Bowie by @KyleRoyerKnives warrants it's title.⁠

What a privilege to capture, and share. My unorthodox layout underscores how individual this *masterpiece* is. ⁠

SWIPE--> To LOOK closely. Just WOW! ⁠

Model: Fortitude⁠
BL/OAL: Blade: 16 1/2" OAL 22"⁠
Material: Mosaic Damascus⁠
Forged_by: Kyle Royer⁠
Bolster: Steel w/ Black Mirror Finish⁠
Handle: Mother-of-Pearl⁠
Frame: Mosaic Damascus⁠
Knife Comments: Wide 24K Gold Inlays on Fittings⁠

Royer_210406.jpg Royer_210406B-wweb.jpg

Back