Sheepsfoots and wharncliffes! Oh my!

Bone and Synth. Tidioute Houndstooth, GEC pattern 13 Forum Knife 2013, Schatt & Morgan Wormgroove English Jack
Thanks, Will

IMG_1227.jpg

Thank you Jeff! It's certainly a Big' Un and hefty, the minor Pen blade is no shrinking violet either :D Formidable snap (watch out) :eek: interesting bolster, kind of threaded semi Rat-Tail? Bone is quite unusual too, but due to its imposing size it doesn't get out that much.

Regards, Will

Here are a couple of my 3" gents knives made by Jim Dunlap.
Jigged bone
dunlapbone1.jpg

Ebony
dunlapebony1.jpg

A good, stout fixed blade sheepsfoot is a blade to be reckoned with. :thumbup:

szp6.jpg

Bone and Synth. Tidioute Houndstooth, GEC pattern 13 Forum Knife 2013, Schatt & Morgan Wormgroove English Jack
Thanks, Will

IMG_1227.jpg

The Bolster on that EJ has been called a "Washington Bolster", Will.
I am not sure how it gathered the moniker, but I have seen it in catalogs from way back!

Here's a cut from a 1928 Schrade Cut. Co. catalog.
Washingtonbolstercut1_zps97e5ef4a.jpg

The Lambfoot is a definite relative of the two subject blades, I'd say!

LambfootPair1_zps5c9bf91e.jpg

LambfootPair2_zps1add399b.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely to see the Lambsfoot appear Charlie, and those are two superb examples my friend :thumbup:

Just got my IPad today, but...

My Arthur Wright Lambsfoot in oxhorn.

A much older Alfred Blackwell Lambsfoot.

Saynor Budding/Grafting knife.

A big old Joseph Rodgers Sheepsfoot.

A Sheepsfoot by Trevor Ablett.

A British Army clasp knife in stainless.

An older example by George Wostenholm.

Older still (Harrison Brothers & Howson)

Herbert Robinson.

Taylor's Eye Witness

Otter Webermesser.

And a Charlow (of course) ;)

Any chance of seeing some more of this old beauty ?

Ken

I'm afraid that's the only pic I have with me today Ken, and my old Imageshack account is now kaput, but I'll try and post more pics soon. It's a nice old knife, but unfortunately some swine made a mess of the edge on a grinder they didn't know how to use.

Just a delightful bunch of knives posted down this page. Will - the red and white threesome is beautiful. Thanks for the looks guys! :thumbup:;)

Lots of beautiful knives here. I just love Sheepfoots (sheepsfeet?) and Wharncliffes. Made me go back right to the start of this thread just to see the pics!!

I've recently become a big fan of the Sheepsfoot blade on my new stockman. I like the look of the army clasp knives I think I'll start a wanted thread.

Back