Shipping Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm....a Mr. DP sticker would be a cool suprise! I've been wanting one for awhile. Cant wait to get my hands on my LE HEST!

stop fucking begging.... :)) You gets wot you gets!

While we are on that, does the LE come with a signed picture of you with a message of our choosing like

" To JeffJuice, the most badass person I know,

Love, <3, XOXO,

Robert"

That would be kind of cool

lol

Here is where we are. LionSteel will have finally finished all the First Run knives by tomorrow evening. He will have also finished all the skull tools. BUT

I wanted Limited Edition owners to have very cool goodies that you will see on delivery. Two of the vendors have not delivered yet (I am not going to reveal names to protect the guilty). There have been significant weather and air freight problems so I will cut them some slack.

This means we are NOT going to ship the First Run DPx HEST/Folders before Christmas. This is a decision I am making. First to make sure Gianni has the time to inspect every knife, get the entire package together and secondly so that no one gets their knives delivered when businesses are closed etc.

We will be shipping the regular production of DPx HEST/F products next week to dealers and will keep dealers and customers updated directly and via this forum. Keep in mind your dealer has to process and ship your order after he gets his knife.

I am standing by during the holidays to sign and number each of the 250 knives so I don't want to hear any whining. :)

RYP---------How about Just a firm shipping Date......Or some idea whats up last you said you were numbering them on 12 12 10--------------it now 12 29 10..when will they ship please.....Thanks :D

Yeah guys.... If he knew, he'd tell us. Ryp is the distributor, not the mfg. And he's got no less than three mfg's he's working with, in probably three different time zones.

It'll happen when it happens.

I'm probably gonna catch crap for this, but I wanted to weigh in......

First, he's doing the best he can, he has no reason to not want us to get these in our hands. He makes money off making us happy, it would be counter productive to delay it for no reason.

Second, as some other people aptly put it "sh!t happens". Things rarely go according to plan, especially when you have several projects on the table at once. So there will always be something that causes a delay somewhere.

Third, this is a quality tool here guys, you can't rush things like this if you want quality. It just wont turn out as good. Personally, if someone's going to take more time to make sure its as awesome a knife as possible (and don't forget the "goodies" too), as long as I know there was a delay, I'm willing to let them take the time. That shows that they have pride in their work, which means they want it to be something they're proud of, which means that it will be quality all the way.

Fourth, do you really think your bitching and whining and bugging will speed the process up at all? Hasn't worked yet that I've seen.... And I know for me, it would only serve to piss me off. I understand we all want these awesome knives in our hands, me just as much as anyone, but complaining about someone taking their time to make a product better, and thus a better value for our money, just seems rather.....(here's where you will start to hate me if you haven't already) childish and immature. It will get here when it gets here. And it's not like he's trying to hid the delays from us. He informs us of the delay, the reason for it, and what is being done to get things moving along. Like someone else said, I can take reasonable delays, just not smokescreens and BS. And, as far as I'm concerned, RYP has provided good, solid reasons for these delays. Just my opinion, and I'm sure people will disagree, but there it is.

Do I want the knife so bad I can taste it? Sure, but we get it when we get it, and it will be well worth the wait. And I think RYP is a stand-up guy for keeping us in the loop as much as he has. I don't know about others here, but when I order something and there will be delays, I get ONE notice, and I'm left in the dark until either I call the company I ordered from or I get the product that I've purchased.

That's just my humble opinion, right or wrong, there it is. Now, let the angry responses begin! :D

EDIT: And just to clarify, this isn't talking about real questions regarding overseas shipping or dealer acquisition time frames or things of that nature. I'm referring to the "Where is it?", "Why don't I have it yet? I want it now!", "Why wasn't it shipped when I wanted it shipped?", "Can I get my money back because it didn't come when I thought in my head it would?" type of questions that have been asked. He didn't promise a set date, so why expect that speculation would mean results? Again, just my opinions here.....

Last edited:
Looking forward to replacing my EDC with this!

The HEST Folder has me chomping at the bit. Can't wait for tyhe Sterile LE and the Production models to be in my hand and in my pocket ;)

I'm probably gonna catch crap for this, but I wanted to weigh in......

First, he's doing the best he can, he has no reason to not want us to get these in our hands. He makes money off making us happy, it would be counter productive to delay it for no reason.

Second, as some other people aptly put it "sh!t happens". Things rarely go according to plan, especially when you have several projects on the table at once. So there will always be something that causes a delay somewhere.

Third, this is a quality tool here guys, you can't rush things like this if you want quality. It just wont turn out as good. Personally, if someone's going to take more time to make sure its as awesome a knife as possible (and don't forget the "goodies" too), as long as I know there was a delay, I'm willing to let them take the time. That shows that they have pride in their work, which means they want it to be something they're proud of, which means that it will be quality all the way.

Fourth, do you really think your bitching and whining and bugging will speed the process up at all? Hasn't worked yet that I've seen.... And I know for me, it would only serve to piss me off. I understand we all want these awesome knives in our hands, me just as much as anyone, but complaining about someone taking their time to make a product better, and thus a better value for our money, just seems rather.....(here's where you will start to hate me if you haven't already) childish and immature. It will get here when it gets here. And it's not like he's trying to hid the delays from us. He informs us of the delay, the reason for it, and what is being done to get things moving along. Like someone else said, I can take reasonable delays, just not smokescreens and BS. And, as far as I'm concerned, RYP has provided good, solid reasons for these delays. Just my opinion, and I'm sure people will disagree, but there it is.

Do I want the knife so bad I can taste it? Sure, but we get it when we get it, and it will be well worth the wait. And I think RYP is a stand-up guy for keeping us in the loop as much as he has. I don't know about others here, but when I order something and there will be delays, I get ONE notice, and I'm left in the dark until either I call the company I ordered from or I get the product that I've purchased.

That's just my humble opinion, right or wrong, there it is. Now, let the angry responses begin! :D

EDIT: And just to clarify, this isn't talking about real questions regarding overseas shipping or dealer acquisition time frames or things of that nature. I'm referring to the "Where is it?", "Why don't I have it yet? I want it now!", "Why wasn't it shipped when I wanted it shipped?", "Can I get my money back because it didn't come when I thought in my head it would?" type of questions that have been asked. He didn't promise a set date, so why expect that speculation would mean results? Again, just my opinions here.....
Well said sir..... :thumbup: .. :)

Looking forward to replacing my EDC with this!

The man himself is onboard! I can't wait! Man, this is better then waiting for my Secret Decoder Ring!

"Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!"

I too wait with bated breath...:D I've got 2 production versions paid for and hopefully making their way to me soon. :thumbup:

Tomorrow would not be soon enough! :) Can't wait for this awesome piece of work. Pictures make it really painful to keep waiting.

I too wait with bated breath...:D I've got 2 production versions paid for and hopefully making their way to me soon. :thumbup:

Here is the most up to date information we have...The 250 Limited Edition Folders have been produced and the inspection of each knife has been completed. We decided to add an additional item to the Limited Edition package as well as create a more efficient container for shipping. We estimate shipping from the factory in the next two weeks, barring any unforeseen delays.
Regards,
Linda
DPxGearTeam

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:04 AM,
So you wont see this knife till the end of January

Here is the most up to date information we have...The 250 Limited Edition Folders have been produced and the inspection of each knife has been completed. We decided to add an additional item to the Limited Edition package as well as create a more efficient container for shipping. We estimate shipping from the factory in the next two weeks, barring any unforeseen delays.
Regards,
Linda
DPxGearTeam

On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 7:04 AM,
So you wont see this knife till the end of January
Great info, thanks far the update.... :thumbup:
I am glad they are taking the time to get it right the first time. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back