• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Shocking enounter with Neil from TrueNorthKnives

OP, sorry about your experience. I don't know Neil from anyone, but I know I will not do business with him under any circumstances. His behavior is simply too erratic.

As an aside, and knowing nothing about his health, Neil sounds just like someone I know who is a Type 1 diabetic AND is starting to suffer from dementia. Between the low/high blood sugar levels and his mental health decline, he is always quick to anger (I'm talking about wants to get into fist fights with everyone) and thinks everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) is out to screw him and steal his money. It's really an unfortunate situation. And of course trying to get him the help he needs is a whole different circus bc he refuses all attempts at help.

I will never deal with that smoldering pos and will warn anyone who’ll listen to never think of doing business with such a psychopath.

OP, sorry about your experience. I don't know Neil from anyone, but I know I will not do business with him under any circumstances. His behavior is simply too erratic.

As an aside, and knowing nothing about his health, Neil sounds just like someone I know who is a Type 1 diabetic AND is starting to suffer from dementia. Between the low/high blood sugar levels and his mental health decline, he is always quick to anger (I'm talking about wants to get into fist fights with everyone) and thinks everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) is out to screw him and steal his money. It's really an unfortunate situation. And of course trying to get him the help he needs is a whole different circus bc he refuses all attempts at help.
I'm not going to speculate on health issues, but I figure something happened to cause this. He may have actually been scammed a bunch of times in different ways. Which is why he assusmes it from the start. God knows theres enough scammers out there now days. You see them on every knife makers social media accounts.

It’s entirely possible the guy’s gotten burned by scammers before and now he’s on red alert constantly. I’d understand that.

But the antagonizing way he goes about it? Why wouldn’t he just report the scam to authorities and let them take care of it? Eh, I’ll never figure people.

It’s entirely possible the guy’s gotten burned by scammers before and now he’s on red alert constantly. I’d understand that.

But the antagonizing way he goes about it? Why wouldn’t he just report the scam to authorities and let them take care of it? Eh, I’ll never figure people.
Yeah it’s like he thinks if he comes in hard, people will be like “oh snap! He means business! I better get my act together and pay attention when I’m filling out the order!” Nobody will tolerate that crap in 2023. His business won’t last long. Not when you have other small businesses like KnifeJoy and NCBlade, and many others throwing stickers and candy and hand-written notes in the box, no questions asked return policies, etc. These grumpy hotheads will go extinct.

Yeah it’s like he thinks if he comes in hard, people will be like “oh snap! He means business! I better get my act together and pay attention when I’m filling out the order!” Nobody will tolerate that crap in 2023. His business won’t last long. Not when you have other small businesses like KnifeJoy and NCBlade, and many others throwing stickers and candy and hand-written notes in the box, no questions asked return policies, etc. These grumpy hotheads will go extinct.
There was a local gun store just like this. Bitter, angry fudds. They stayed in business for decades before the internet when they were the only shop in town. Advent of the internet, and a few other FFL opening shop in town, absolutely demolished them.

Liars think everyone else is a liar, thieves think everyone else are thieves too.

He‘s simply projecting his known and obvious personality defects onto his customers. If there are also physical reasons like drug use or any number of other conditions that cause personality changes he deserves a modicum of sympathy. I’d never do business with him regardless. I try to make it a habit not to give my money to abusive people and he’s clearly abusive.

There was a local gun store just like this. Bitter, angry fudds. They stayed in business for decades before the internet when they were the only shop in town. Advent of the internet, and a few other FFL opening shop in town, absolutely demolished them.
Had one of those back when I lived in CA. Bought one gun from them, never went back or spent another dime with them. Never understood why a retail business would operate in such a way, actively abusing your customers seems like a pretty stupid way to run a business.

Which dealer sends candy with their orders? Asking for a friend

Which dealer sends candy with their orders? Asking for a friend
I seem to remrmber True North does
I have no idea what is happening here. Seems like this could easily have been handled without all/any of the drama .

Last edited:
Neil never thinks he’s wrong, continuously treats customers horribly and is extremely quick to falsely accuse people. Sorry to hear this happened to you. Leave him an honest review on google.
Your boy Adam Gray isn’t much better.

Oh noooooo, he was extremely nice when I met him at the Bladeshow and he was good through e-mail as well.
Ha ha, I expected a cool response from you, as you seem a respectful person. Glad your experience with Adam was positive. He still owes me close to $600.

I seem to remrmber True North does
I have no idea what is happening here. Seems like this could easily have been handled without all/any of the drama .
Ya, it seemed like such a simple thing and a very short conversation. I mean it took 2 emails to go from "I have these knives" to "you're a scammer pos and don't contact me". Either way, my father freaking loves his LH Zaan. So at the end of the day it was worth it. I just don't know why things spiraled so quickly.

Back