Shot Show Rumors

Usually there are a few rumors floating about by now, this year nothing. Maybe Blade gets more love?

I do honestly really appreciate all the great videos you guys do after Shot Show,,, and keep the "Meet your Maker" videos coming,, really great stuff!
Thanks BladeHQ
Cheers

As a smaller dealer we also really appreciate the Blade HQ videos. They do a great job covering a lot of material in a very short time! Hope everyone has a great time at Shot Show! We will not be there this year but are already putting money away to go in 2017!

I want to hear about the new Diskin/Reate collaboration for a 3" flipper in M390 and Ti with CF inlays...kind of a super precise, upscale Strobe/production Volcan.

Please confirm that rumor, Blade HQ :)

Well you all get an A+ for effort, that's for sure. Wish we could give you all the knives you wanted, but that's kind of bad for business. We haven't heard too many rumors yet. Spyderco is being pretty secretive, wich has us excited. Heres hoping they dont let us down when the show rolls around. In the mean time, go check out our new post about the top 5 things that have us excited for Shot Show over at knifeblog.com Keep the discussion going. We will post more when we know more.

No knife rumors. If the last 3 years I've been there is any indication ZT will steal the show with ease, though Spyderco did okay last year with a case of some unique possible collaborations. ZT will be interesting, they really stepped outside their box in 2015 so it will be interesting if that trend continues or if they go back to hard use tactical. Usually Spyderco and BM tip most of their new products before the show so there isn't much for surprises. With the new pricing scheme, a rumored new price increase, and QC issues I think BM is going to be hard pressed to impress most of the knife enthusiasts. I think we'll see more and more factory knives offered with premium steels and prices will increase. Manufacturers can't be blind to the ridiculous prices "mid-tech" knives are commanding.

There are rumors of a M1 pistol, probably a new LCP, and new striker fired pistol from Ruger in 9mm and .45, new Ammo line from Browning, Kimber micro 9mm to go with the .380, S&W bodyguard without a safety, an AK style pistol that runs beretta 92 mags, CZ scorpion carbine, XD-s in .40, S&W MP Gen 2 probably to compete for the new military contract, Tavor in .308, FN single stack pistol, Glock MOS in 17/19 guns, M&P shield in .45. If you really want to go crazy there's a rumor someone's going to release an AK style .50cal. I'd bet we see a lot more suppressors, and suppressor ready guns, and probably more out of the box SBR options. SIG may have a US made P210 in an attempt to recover from the Germany import fiasco, and probably a couple new MPX variants, and new optics/suppressors. I think we'll see more very compact .380/9mm options. Ruger bought out the Rohrbaugh design but have only been making it in .380 (RM380) so far, wouldn't be surprised if they released a 9mm version. The ruger precision rifle has been ridiculously popular, so I think we'll see more attempts at low cost precision bolt rifles in "chassis" type setups. The CZ scorpion and SIG MPX have been very popular, but I'm not sure who else would jump into that pool. Both Swarvoski and Zeiss are due for an updated rangefinding binocular.

You can also bet that a large % of the new stuff everyone drools over won't hit the market till late 2016, no matter what the manufacturer says. Not so much in knives but with many of the products it's ridiculous how long it takes manufacturers to get product to market now. Worse yet many of those items will have issues that will require significant revision after the first round of beta testers......I mean customers......get them. There will also be way too many people there that have no business being there, and and hopefully those folding carts will be banned. It's a fun show the first couple times but I'm happy that they are letting the new guy go this year, that way 6 months from now when we still don't have product that was promised he can explain it. :)

Benchmade has allowed information on several new 2016 models to be released. Most likely, they will hold something back for the SHOT Show though. They usually release their catalog during the SHOT Show too.

Spyderco has already released their 2016 catalog. They are usually the first company to do this by late November or mid-December of the preceding year.

They have at least a hundred or more new products in development from what Sal has stated. So they have plenty to show off, once it is ready.

CRKT is doing a knife line for Ruger Firearms. The information for some of these can be found at (They may hold back some of them for the SHOT Show though.):
http://www.ruger.com/micros/crkt/

Cold Steel showed pictures from a meet-up they did with various martial artists and UFC fighters on their Facebook page. They passed around some prototypes of a G10-handled folder that looked like an improved version of their previous Lone Star Hunter there.

I think they will show more new fixed blades and folders in upgraded steels like what has been done previously in 2015. Maybe some new versions of older, discontinued designs too.

Also, Cold Steel doesn't do the SHOT Show as an exhibitor anymore. They wait for the IWA show in Germany instead. (Lynn Thompson was on an episode of the Steve Austin Podcast and stated this.)

Most knife companies show their products at the SHOT Show. Some knife companies hold back and introduce their products or special runs of products at the Blade Show now.

Some, such as Ka-Bar, have decided to only release new products information once they are ready to ship to eliminate the long wait times.

Yeah, from what I understand part of the inspiration for CS no longer doing the SHOT Show was the curious move by the show not to permit swords.

Updates to my previous post above:

Steel Will Knives has posted their 2016 catalog on their website: www.steelwillknives.com

(Scroll down the page after it loads up and there will be a catalog link towards the bottom right.)

CRKT has posted one new folder on their website so far: http://www.crkt.com/tighe-tac-pocket-knife-5230

Plus a new multi-tool: http://www.crkt.com/bivy-rigging-multitool-9250

Cold Steel has over 60 new products for 2016. I have posted a list in the Cold Steel forum section here.

Ka-Bar has released their 2016 catalog: http://www.kabar.com/media/2016_KABAR_Catalog.pdf

I will post more information later on, for all the various knife companies, as I find it over the next few weeks.

Last edited:
I want to hear about the new Diskin/Reate collaboration for a 3" flipper in M390 and Ti with CF inlays...kind of a super precise, upscale Strobe/production Volcan.

Please confirm that rumor, Blade HQ :)

Uh, please tell me this is semi- for real :p

I hope to see some feedback on the Spartan/Harsey folder.

This is also what I am looking forward to. Obviously, the SHF isn't a rumor, but I am still looking forward to seeing what people think about it. I have a hard time imagining myself not buying one fairly soon, but it's got a pretty hefty price-tag.

I have heard the following rumors:

A. Cold Steel will show off their prototype for a Triad lock, folding double-bitted battle axe.

B. Benchmade will do away with their MAP policy and ship every customer a free Griptilian.

C. In an effort to improve on their already outstanding business ethics and transparency Spyderco will begin offering a free factory tour with every purchase.

D. Opinel will be there to promote their new tactical OTF auto with carbon fiber scales and an S90V blade.

E. Victorinox will introduce the new edible Swiss Army Knife. The introductory model will be a three layer cracker with pretzel backsprings and for the tool selection will offer brie, raspberry preserves, apple slices, olive spread and, for some reason, a parcel hook.

I can't wait to see the Opinel. it wil be a smash.

I didn't look at their offerings last year, but it appears they've got a bunch of new products for 2016. A 23in axe, a few 4.5in blades (Swamp romper), and some hawks. They're really picking it up year after year. They've got a super diverse lineup. I may try one of their hawks, and if they're good, I'll probably start recommending them over the CS trailhawks.

Thanks for the link :).

Back