Show me your custom camp knife/chopper.

That beast from Adam is pure BAD-ASS!!! :cool: :thumbup:

Wana- AWESOME knives and great pics! :cool: Have you had any issues with that pin in the key-hole knife handle causing a hot spot on your grip?

Hello!

Great knives everyone! Still one of my favourite threads! :)

Got my lastest beauty from Claudio today - can't wait to take it outside!

original.jpg

Best regards,
Alex

you have great taste, Alex!

Alex, that is just amazing.

My 2 choppers (one on right is semi custom, only 1 exists to my knowledge)
20130816_104432_zpsd4388f48.jpg

Hello!

Thank you, guys! :)

Lorien, I really love Claudio's and Ariel's work! Can't get enough CAS beauties... ;) :)

Best reagrds,
Alex

that is an awesome blade, Butch! Would love to swing er around for a bit.

NICE THREAD.....:thumbup:

My two CPM 3V knives...ZT just for size comparisson....

DSC_0824_zpsb43c253c.jpg

DSC_0816_zps53e73069.jpg

best regards

Last edited:
only place traction really helps, is where your fingertips are on the grip. Be cool to mask off the rest of the grip and sandblast that area. Or do what I do, and stick a little sk8board grip tape on there.

Thanks everyone.

That beast from Adam is pure BAD-ASS!!! :cool: :thumbup:

Wana- AWESOME knives and great pics! :cool: Have you had any issues with that pin in the key-hole knife handle causing a hot spot on your grip?

Nick - I had cut the wood 4 times after competition on that day, the pin still ok and no crack on any fitting, that pin is dome-pin.

Here is a custom Giedymin made for me, i think he did an amazing job on it, and im too excited to wait until it gets here in the mail to take my own pictures... So this is his picture.

The Deimos War Machete, based off the Forestman chopper design he posted with a slightly different handle. I love how it came out and cant wait to put it to use in the woods.

Thank you Giedymin!!

I've never made knives of such dimensions...but..I find one very old piece (grandpa's times) of 5160 and I said...what a hell, let's give it a go...
So, I've done some research, and after several hours I've reach to the design from the photo.
It' 10 mm thick, 410 mm in length and 50 mm maximum width and it's still in need of some fine tuning regarding the shape...it was late in night, and I was pretty beat so...
On Saturday, the religious holiday forced me to stay away from the grinders, but I sure hope I would finished it on next weekend. I intend to forge it to a reasonable thickness and then make the bevels on the grinder and reshape it to template.
For the handle I was thinking of antler bones, but I'm open to suggestion.
w.png

IMG_20130915_092207.jpg

Back